Chapter Thirty

"Nevaeh, do you want to go out to dinner tonight?" Luke asks me, waking me up with a gentle kiss to the temple and his quiet words. A smile takes over my face as I am brought into consiousness in my favorite way.

"Hmm?" I ask, sitting upright and wiping my hair out of my face, yawning as I do so.

"I would love to take you out to dinner tonight," he repeats, and I nod sleepily before pecking him on the lips and laying back down in our warm bed.

Our last show of the Rock Out with Your Socks Out tour was about four months ago, but we have been doing interviews and talk shows and award shows since then, and we were all exhausted. After being in the band for about a year and two months know, we had all seen everybody, well, everywhere, at least once. Sometimes, when it comes to Calum, it had been twice.... or 30 times. Luke and I have been dating (officially) for about a year and two weeks, and it has been the happiest year of my life, despite everything that has happened. I know saying its the happiest I've ever been is a bit cliché and corny, but who cares.

I'm in love, and beyond ecstatic to say so.

"What do you want to wear? I got you this dress, but you don't have to wear it if you don't want to. Lou and Tina helped pick it out, as well as the shoes and jewelery," Luke offered, showing me a long, blue dress with the matching silver accessories.

Lou and Tina sure know their stuff.

"That's perfect, Luke," I compliment, and his smile widens until its taking up an entire third of his face.

"Great! And don't worry about it being too fancy, they approved that, as well,"

"You're amazing, Luke,"

"Tell me something I don't know," he says cockily, and I roll my eyes, earning a laugh from him.

"Yeah yeah, Mr. Cocky. You're just lucky some of your friends are as close to fashionistas as it gets," I say, sitting up and running a hand through my hair.

"Hey! I could have figured it out if I wanted to," he defends, and I shake my head before putting a finger on his lips. I yank my hand back when he pulls it into his mouth with a wink, letting out a squeak.

"Luke! Gross!" I kid, and he rolls his eyes before "boop"ing my nose, earning yet another eye roll as I shuffle towards the edge of our bed and away from him.

I get out of the bed, walking over to the kitchen and starting our Kuerig portable coffee maker, and Luke disappears into the bathroom. I hear the shower turn on seconds later, and grab an apple, taking a bite. Luke never shut the door, leaving me to hear his humming and start to feel the steam from the shower out in the hotel kitchen.

I peek inside when I'm sure he's covered by the shower curtain, knowing him well enough to figure he didn't grab a towel. I grab one from the linen closet and put it on the counter by the shower, and he notices my presence, peeking his head out of the curtain.

"Oh yeah, I forgot again," he says with a smile, and I shake my head with a smile, grabbing another towel and throwing it on the ground by the shower. He always makes a mess when he gets out, making the bathroom look like a hurricane came through.

"I love you," he says, and I lean over to him, kissing him quickly before he grabs my arm and raises it so he can take a bite of my apple with a small smirk and a wink. I roll my eyes and smile back at him before walking out of the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

I finish my apple and drink my coffee, scrolling through Twitter while Luke finishes up. He's out ten minutes later, towel around his waist and hair wet.

"I left the shower on, I figured you would want to get in," he says, grabbing the mug of coffee I put out for him on the counter before taking a sip.