Chapter Nineteen

SONG OF THE CHAPTER:

"Summer" by Calvin Harris. I don't know I guess it just kind of fits this chapter in my mind

"Where have you kids been?" Ashton asks as we walk into the hotel room, hand in hand. We both had giant smiles stretched across our faces, and the air felt just a little bit warmer when we were together, as cliche as that sounds.

"Like I said, we went to the movies," Luke answers and Ashton rolls his eyes.

"Movie ended about an hour ago,"

"We stopped at McDonalds afterwords," I say, holding up the bag. Ashton looks at me suspiciously, his gaze flicking between us. He knows something else happened, he was a teenager not long ago, and can read us like we read each other.

"Whatever, I'm going to go play FIFA," he says, not bothering to press the subject, but still suspicious. Gotta love Ashton.

"Bye then," Luke and I both say, walking past Ashton and laying on the bed together before Luke turns on the TV.

"Condoms under the sink!" Ashton yells before stepping out the door, causing us both to sit up.

"ASHTON!" I yell, and Luke grabs my waist before yanking me down next to him.

"Where were we?" he asks, and I blush. I crawl on top of him, my legs on either side of him and kiss him slowly, letting my lips linger just off of his.

"You don't think you're going to get away with that, do you?" he says and I shake my head, blonde curls bouncing across his chest as he leans upwards and connects our lips together again.

Things quickly heat up, and I find his tongue inside my mouth once again. My fingers curl in his hair and he flips over, leaving me below him as he hungrily trails his hands down my sides. He disconnects his lips from mine, kissing my cheek and moving downwards, ending just above my collarbone. My mouth opens into a O and he drags his lips back up to mine.

"You're so beautiful," he says, pausing in between each word to peck my lips before crushing them together again. My hands continue to tug on locks of his hair, resulting in a gutteral moan that traveled from his mouth into mine. He must like that.

He finally breaks away, leaving us both panting as he rolls back onto his back, dragging me with him. My head lays on his chest, legs wrapped around him.

"So much for slowing things down," I say quietly, and he laughs, his chest vibrating underneath of me. The sound of his laughs brings a small smile to my face, and I hold onto his body.

"Yeah, I guess murdering each other's lips while straddling each other isn't exactly taking a break," he agrees, and I smile up at him.

"I'm surprised there wasn't a you know this time," I smartly reply, and he gives me a fake glare, a smile still hinting on his lips.

"A boner?" he clarifies, and I blush before sticking my face in his chest.

"It's never too late," he suggests smugly, and I roll my eyes at his cockiness before looking back towards the TV.

"What do you think about us being together?" he asks for the second time tonight and I sit up, backing up on the bed so that my back is against the headboard. He puts his head in my lap and I start playing with his hair as he looks up at me.

"Would that be weird?" I ask, and he shrugs.

"I've seen a lot worse," he says and I press my lips into a flat line. I don't want to be with someone just because it could be better than something "a lot worse."

"What if something happens? It would be awkward between us and with touring and albums and stuff we can't just break up and never see each other again," I put out, and he furrows his eyebrows.

"That's a chance you have to be willing to take,"

"Let's just stay how we are right now," I say, and his expression saddens.

"So just making out and going places, but not exactly being together together?" he clarifies, and I smile before nodding.

"You could put it that way,"

"I think I'll live with that for now,"

"Good," I say, and the silence turns awkward as I keep playing with his hair, his eyes never leaving my face.

I really don't want to move fast. I mean, I've never had my heart broken before, but what if things turn out bad and I end up hurt? We will have to deal with spending almost every second of every day together on tour for ten months!

"You almost ready for bed? It's about midnight," Luke says softly, his eyes closing while his head continues to rest in my lap.

"Yeah," I say quietly, moving lower onto the bed. He picks his head up, moving over onto his side before grabbing my torso and moving me so I was on top of him.

"I like that I'm the only guy you've kissed," he says, his hand moving up and down my back.

"Why? Are you secretly a horrible kisser and you don't want me to have anything to compare it to?"

"Actually, I'm a fantastic kisser, I can tell by the way your breath catches when I kiss you. And no, it's just because you have this innocence to you," he explains, and I sit up, my elbows on his chest while he talks.

"I'm not innocent," I defend, and he rolls his eyes.

"So in the car you were saying you weren't naughty, now you're saying you aren't innocent? Make up your mind, babe," he says, and I put my hands on his chest before sitting up.

"I'm not either of them," I say, and he shrugs. I cross my legs, sitting on my butt on his lower stomach.

"Are you one of the fans who reads dirty fan fictions but still hasn't kissed anybody?" he says with his famous smug smile, playing with the lip ring. That lip ring will be the death of me, I swear.

"Maybe," I respond slyly, and he starts laughing.

"I've read some of them, I think they make me out much better in bed than I actually would be," he jokes, and I start laughing.

"So tell me more about your only boyfriend?" he asks, and I tense a little.

"Truth is, I never really had a boyfriend," I'm scared of what happened with Erin and her boyfriend, I add in my head, and Luke lifts me off of his stomach.

"What do you mean?"

"I've never had a boyfriend..... I just told you guys I did because I don't want you to think of me as the 17 year old prude who thinks she's too good to be with somebody," I say quietly, and his eyes widen.

"That's actually not what I would have thought of you at all. What is your reasoning, though?" he asks me, and butterflies go around my stomach. Not the good kind, either. The ones where you're really nervous, or uncomfortable, or scared.

"Um.... Personal things," I answer, and he isn't satisfied.

"I'm not going to pressure you, but...." he starts, and I nod my head, looking down before he pulls me into a hug.

"Thank you, Luke," I say into his shoulder and he nods, his hand rubbing circles on my back.

"Enough sad time, let's go to bed," he says, and I crawl back under the covers, snuggling into Luke's side. I place one of my hands on his chest, and one leg across his legs, and I can see the faint glow of his white teeth in the dark room as he smiles. I can't help the smile that beams onto my face before falling asleep.

Please remember to comment/ vote for a faster book 2!! I need 10,000 reads and 1,000 votes!