Chapter Thirteen

"Ready for bed, Nevaeh?" Luke asks as I lay down on the mattress. Ashton decided to sleep in the other room, which means both Luke and I get our own beds. Yay.

"Yeah, I'm tired, how about you?" I ask, yawning. He nods and strips down to his boxers before climbing into the bed next to mine. Whenever we slept in seperate beds, which wasn't often anymore, he wouldn't wear pants. When we slept together he would, but probably just because we weren't together and haven't known eachother for very long.

"So modest, Lucas," I comment, shielding my eyes from his mostly naked body.

"Don't act like you don't like it," he replies, and I take my hands off of my face and roll my eyes. He's so cocky.

"Go to bed, loser,"

"Fine, goodnight,"

"Goodnight," I respond, closing my eyes and letting darkness take over.

"Please don't hurt her," the girl in front of me begged, staring at me. I turn around, seeing my captor. He's holding a shiny, silver gun, and my eyes widen.

"Shut up. She'll get what you're getting," he responds, his voice muffled by the mask he is wearing.

"Just stop, Darren. You can be mad at me, but stop hurting her," Erin says, her usually warm eyes full of tears. The sight stresses me even more and I start to cry.

"Erin, make him stop," I plea, and she begins crying more before he raises his arm from my back to aim the gun at my sobbing friend. She throws her head in her hands and screams.

"Please! No!" I scream, and the good guys in black out the window fire at Darren while he fires at Erin. Her body slumps on the bed and I run over to her as Darren ducks and runs out the door.

"Nevaeh! Please Nevaeh, wake up, it's just a bad dream," Luke yells in my ear, and I sit upright, wiping cold sweat off of my face as I break down into tears, holding my head in my hands.

"She's.... He hurt her...." I sob, and Luke sits down next to me, pulling me close. His warm skin comforts me and I climb between his legs as he cradles me, whispering nothings into my ear in an attempt to get me to calm down.

The dream is to real, this is the first time I've had it in a few months now. The scene is just as clear and vibrant as the day it happened, from the cold gun to Erin's sobs to her body laying on the bed while I tried to make her wake up. I know now that there was no way she would wake up, but my younger self had wanted it to happen so bad, I just kept trying.

"Shhh.... Please...... It's okay now," Luke says softly, running his hands down my back before bringing them back up.

"Luke.... She died because of him," I say quietly in between sobs and he tilts my chin up, wiping off some of my tears with his thumb. Looking into his eyes helps calm me slightly, and the sobs eventually stop, leaving just tears flowing out of my eyes.

"Can you tell me what happened?" he asks, and I shake my head quickly.

"Please just can we go back to sleep," I know I owe him an explanation as to why I was just sobbing and panicking, but I'm not going to give him one. At least not tonight.

"Of course," he responds, pulling my covers up to my chin before standing up. I grab his hand and he turns back around.

"No, please stay with me," I beg, and he nods his head before climbing under the covers with me. I crawl over to him, snuggling into his chest. He wraps his arms around my back and puts his chin on the top of my head, muttering things to me.

I stay awake that night, cuddled into Luke's chest. His breathing changed a couple minutes after I curled into him, signaling he fell back asleep.

The dark room around me scares me, reminding me about the day my best friend was taken from me. The only sound is the breathing from next to me and I bury myself into his bare chest as the memories resurface, taking over my thoughts and dragging me back down.

I was only nine, and she was seven years older than me, her crazy ex boyfriend not willing to let her be. He got away that day, and that's why I always have the nightmares.

He's out there now, and something inside of me told me that he wasn't finished with me.

~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|

"Mmmm," Luke groaned next to me, causing me to look up at him. The sun had risen a long time ago, yet I never moved from Luke's chest.

"Mornin', how are you feeling?" he asks me, and I just stare at him.

"Fine," I finally mumble, and he squeezes me.

"I'm not gonna pressure you, but if you want to talk about it, I'm here," he says, and I nod at him. It's going to take a long time for me to tell him, I still haven't talked about it to anybody, eight years later.

"Okay, thank you," I say, and he kisses the top of my head before untangling his arms from around me and getting out of the bed before trudging into the bathroom.

I stay in my bed for another ten minutes, holding the sheets and the smell of Luke close to me, and thinking about everything and nothing at the same time.

One, there's no way in hell I'm telling Luke about everything.

Two, there's Erin's crazy ex boyfriend somewhere in the world.

And three, I keep sharing my bed with Luke Hemmings.

Since this is my second chapter today so it's kinda short. But what do you think went on between Darren and Erin? It must've messed up Nevaeh pretty bad :( but Luke is so sweet