Chapter Eleven

"Boom! I win again! Suck it!" I yell as I throw my controller on the bed.

"I'll leave the sucking of whatever you have to Luke, thank you very much," Ashton yells back, and I stick my tongue out at him. I had just successfully beat Ashton, as well as the other boys in Halo: Reach. Needless to say, I'm definitely proud of myself.

They had offered to let me play in order to try and cheer me up, but I know its partially because they wanted an easy win. Its just not in my nature to lose, however.

Just as I was about to say some smart remark back to Ashton, Luke walks in with a McDonald's bag, kicking his shoes off and bring it to me before handing it over.

"McDonald's fries?" I ask, looking into the bag.

"And McDoubles for the rest of us, but fries are all yours," Luke beams at me, and I smile at him.

"Thank you! I love McDonalds fries!" I say excitedly, taking my food out of the bag and handing it to Mikey. I stood up, pulling a five dollar bill out of my pocket and handing it to Luke.

He pushed it back at me, smiling before saying, "My treat."

"Thank you, Luke," I say again, and his smile grows even more, if that was possible.

"So, I have some news!" he says, and we all focus our attention on him.

"I broke up with Bekka!" he announces, keeping his gaze on mine.

We all started clapping, Ashton saying something about growing balls and how he was proud, wiping fake tears from his eyes.

"Finally, 'Lukey'" I say, imitating Bekka. He rolls his eyes, a habit I now realize we all do.

"Anyways, it is really late, so I must be going to bed," he says in a fake posh accent. "Nev, you coming? Ash?"

"Nah, I'm gonna play some FIFA," Ashton responds, and I laugh at them as they change the game.

"Ok, how about you, Nevaeh?"

"Yeah, I'll go,"

"Rawr, Nevaeh, Luke, keep things safe. Put on a glove before you make love, all that stuff," Michael says, and I blush. I pick up a pillow and launch it it Michael, knocking him over before rushing out of their room and into ours.

"Um, where are you sleeping?" I ask Luke, and he shrugs, eyeing the bed and the couch.

"You can take the bed, I'll take the couch. Chances are Ashton will crash over there but I'll leave his bed just in case,"

"No, you can take the bed, I like couches," I insist, heading over to my suitcase as he flops down on the couch.

"Either you are sleeping in the bed or you're sleeping with me. Your choice, although I like the latter," he says suggestively and I turn away from him, a tank top and shorts in my hand.

"I'm going to change, bye," I say, ignoring his remark.

"Bye," he says, rolling over before I head into the bathroom. The shorts are a little tight and you can see the outline of my bra, but I'm just sleeping so it doesn't really matter. I brush my teeth before leaving the bathroom and padding across the carpeted floor and stopping at the linen closet by the bathroom, grabbing Luke a blanket. I throw it at him, hearing a grunt until he realizes what it is.

"Thank, Nev," he says, stretching the blanket out over his body and I nod, walking towards the bed, pulling the covers up. He has his legs bent so he can lay on his back without going off the couch, and I try again.

"Luke, it would be much easier for me to sleep on the couch," I press the issue again, but he just smiles and shakes his head at me before tossing over and going back to trying to sleep.