Chapter Seventeen

"Hey guys, can I talk to Nevaeh for a couple minutes?" Luke asks us as we walk down the hall to our rooms, and I tense up a little bit. This isn't going to be good.

After the interview, we had gone down and rehearsed a couple of songs on the first stage we would be performing on, and it was good. Except for the fact they wanted Luke and I to basically sing to each other, which didn't really go well considering our current stand on eachother. We looked more like statues, frozen looking into eachother's eyes than lovers.

"Umm.... If she wants to," Ashton says, and Luke shoots him daggers. There you go, Ashton, having my back.

"I guess," I say, and Luke slips the key into the door before he walks into our hotel room. I trail behind him, looking down, jsut waiting for him to start talking. I sit on Ashton's bed, and when Luke comes to sit next to me I scooch away from him slightly.

"Nevaeh....." he starts, then pauses. I glance up at him, his expression fallen and I slump down a tad.

"What the hell was that about us not being together at all?" he asks, his voice raising slightly.

"What the hell was that about you only caring about me because you were afraid of my dad?!" I shoot back, my voice becoming louder as well.

"I'm sorry, I had to keep up with 'there's nothing going on'!" he yells, and my nostrils flare as I stand up.

"Well, unless you want to be called a cheater for a second time, we can't be together while you are still checking out other girls!" I yell back, and he stands up in front of me, obviously affected by my words. The anger inside me burns, and the only way to make it go away is to yell and let it go.

"I'm not a cheater! Bekka didn't count for shit!" he booms, and I roll my eyes before crossing my arms at his lame excuse.

"Well then do I not count for shit either? Because you were sure having a nice time looking at the makeup girls boobs!"

"I wasn't! I glanced, and you almost broke a fucking chair! That's messed up!"

"What's messed up is kissing someone then ogling another older woman, a mere 20 minutes later!"

"You said yourself she was throwing herself at me!" he defends, and I get closer to him, poking him in the chest with my finger, hard and he starts to walk back as I come closer to him.

"Millions of girls throw themselves at you! How would I know that you wouldn't do something with one of them!" I scream, tears pricking at my eyes. I will not cry in front of him, not over something he did.

"Nevaeh! What are you doing?! This isn't you! I wouldn't do that! C'mon you know me!"

"Actually, I don't, I haven't even known you for a week yet. This is what I meant by moving too fast!" I say, then lower my voice. "I'm sleeping in Michael and Calum's room," I say, sidestepping around him and throwing all of my belongings in my suitcase. I lift it up, Luke groaning as I walk towards the door.

"Nevaeh, I'm so-" he begins, and I cut him off.

"Save it, Luke," I snap, and he sits down on ou- his bed, his back to me. He puts his head and his hands and shakes it, and I have to stop myself from going back in there and telling him its okay. I walk down the hall a couple of steps towards Michael and Calum's room, knocking with one hand with my suitcase in my other hand.

When I open the door, Ashton is there, and I hug him.

"Im staying in the other boys' room," I say quietly into his shirt and I feel him nod before he grabs my suitcase and brings it into the other room, me following slowly behind them.