Chapter Sixteen

"Nevaeh, honey, you're cutting off my circulation," Luke mumbles, and I groan a little bit.

"Huh?" I mumble, sitting up from his arm and he shakes it out.

"We have an interview in about two hours, you wanna get in the shower?" he asks quietly, and I nod before jumping off the bed and going into the bathroom. It seems like I am always more energetic in the morning when I wake up next to Luke, or it may be because I don't have to go to school. Probably the latter.

"She sleeps, alone," I sing quietly, stripping and turning on the water. "My heart wants to come home. I wish I was, I wish I was, beside you,"

I climb into the shower, letting the warm water cleanse my skin. I wash my body, humming to the tune in my head. I just shaved my legs yesterday, so I don't need to take care of that. My hair is next on my list, and ten minutes later, I shut the water off.

As soon as I wrap the towel around my body, a knock sounds on the door before it creaks open. Luke's head bobs into the room and I turn around.

"Was that a 5sos song you were singing earlier?" he asks, and I nod, looking at him with one of my eyebrows raised when he doesn't leave.

"Can you, you know, get out? I'm in a towel," I say, and he rolls his eyes at me.

"If you wish, but you do have nice cleavage,"

"LUCAS. OUT!" I yell and he laughs before leaving me, blushing and embarrassed.

I finish towel drying my body before slipping out the door and grabbing clothes, returning to the bathroom to throw them on.

"There's no point in doing your hair, some lady is going to do it before the interview," Ashton yells through the door.

Thank gosh, I really don't want to worry about my hair today. I put on light makeup and throw my hair over my shoulder, heading into the living room area to get breakfast.

Luke rushes past me, bumping my shoulder and I start to fall over before he grabs my arms and steadies me. He grins, showing off a dimple before kissing my cheek and proceeding into the bathroom.

I turn around to see Ashton smirking, and I roll my eyes at him. Here we go with the teasing. He puckers his lips and leans towards my face just like Luke had, and I push him over gently, laughing.

"Why do you want to kiss the weirdo when there's a hot drummer over here?" he asks, walking into the kitchen. I shrug and he rolls his eyes, drinking some tea out of a mug as I put some bread in the toaster.

"Because, let's face it Ash, guitar is so much better," I tease, and he grabs a spoon and starts to beat it on the counter.

"Yeah, no, imagine the beat drummers have. Steady pace, if you know what I mean," he argues, and I pad over to the fridge before looking down at the drinks, settling on an apple juice.

"Have you seen guitarists? They can play so quickly and with such good precision, imagine what they can do with their fingers," I say nonchalantly and without making eye contact, causing Ashton to choke on his drink. A grin covers my face and I stand up with my apple juice.

"Nevaeh! Who knew you could be so naughty!" he says, and I laugh, heading back to the toaster just as the bread popped up.

"I'm not all rainbows and butterflies, Ash," I respond, quieter than before. He probably won't catch on to what I'm insinuating, but I guess that's for the better.

"Trust me, Vaeh, none of us are," he respnds, his voice the same as the way mine was.

If only they knew what I meant. But at the same time, I don't know what Ashton could be referring to. His tone had dropped just like mine had, and that worries me.