Keep your friends closer ...

Part 5

*Play the song that is attached whilst reading :)

Darcy's POV

It was 11oclock when everyone decided to go to bed since we would all have interviews tomorrow with Day Break, BBC and Capital FM. The one thing that I needed to do before bed was to have a glass of water. It freaked me out doing down the stairs on my own. I felt like I was in a horror movie and any minute someone would jump up behind me. I really knew how to run my imagination wild.

“What are you doing”? Asked the familiar voice in the sat in the kitchen.

God Josh you scared me I said.

“Sorry” He softly said. “Why are you down here?”

The same as you, I said as I pointed to the glass of water in his hands.

“Want to join? Josh asked as he pointed to the worktop space next to him.

Tonight was really nice .I shyly said? What was the matter with me , I never went shy around Josh.

“Yeah it was, but it was kind of embarrassing as well.” He pointed out exactly the reason why I was embarrassed.

I don’t get why everyone thinks that we are more than just mates.”I get that sometimes flirt sometimes, buts that’s just our thing” he proudly said

Our thing? I asked confused. “Yeah we flirt and have a cheeky snog but it doesn’t mean anything because we are just fooling around”.

I took a long sip before responding. I wish everyone else believed it though.

“Well they should coz its starting to really get annoying. Just then Josh let out a manly yawn.

You better go to bed. I cheesly said.

“Yeah your right, I’m knackered. You coming or not?” Yeah I probably should I said whilst jumping of the worktop whilst getting some help from Josh.

I was unbalanced and this caused I and Josh to bump heads. “What’s your head made out of metal? Teased Josh.

Goodnight. I shyly said as I kissed his cheek. As I pulled away, I noticed Josh came closer to me, just enough for us to be inches away from each other’s lips. He pulled my curly hair behind my ear and I started to quiver .We were now inches from kissing. This felt different, nothing like how we where “having fun” it felt special.

“Get a room the pear of ya” JJ and George goofly said as they deliberately rein- acted what me and Josh where about to do. Immediately we pulled apart and left to go upstairs ....separately.

*Hope you like this chapter! Not sure when but Chapter 6 will be uploaded this week.