Tell me a lie ...

Chapter 20

-Friday

Darcy POV

I decided I would go home for the day and return Saturday morning. It felt like it had been weeks since I had seen my family I just wanted to curl up in my bed and sleep. Before I left I did my usual goodbyes to everyone and hugged and kissed Josh before I went into the Taxi.

By the time I left the Hertfordshire mansion it took me one hour to get to my town of Watford.  Walking into my house and being greeted by my whole family was just what I needed. My puppy Snowball was no more a puppy; I couldn't believe how much she had grown in the last two months that I had been gone. As usual my older sister was in her room, music blasting and she wasn't even aware that I had come home. I planned to surprise her later but for now I was going to rest. As I was sleeping, I didn't want any distractions so I switched off my phone and flopped by body onto my warm bed.

~

I woke up to find a dribble patch on my pillow, wow I must have really enjoyed my sleep I thought to myself. I went to look at my alarm clock and I couldn't believe that I slept from 3 till 7. Immediately I jumped off my bed, I needed food I was starving why didn't my mum wake me I thought to myself as I briskly headed  towards the kitchen. As soon as I made a quick pasta and tuna salad I made my way back to room, I forgot that before I left my room that I had switched my phone back on. I could hear my familiar ring tone of Call Me Maybe coming from my room. I placed my salad on my side table and attacked my phone to see who texting me.  As I entered my long password, my phone filled with over 4 text messages from both Madison and Lauren. I instantly clicked on the first one and made my way to read all the messages.

~TEXT MESSAGES ~

From: Lo

Darc we need to talk its important xx

From: Maddi

D text back soon its important xx

From: Lo

Darc what's going on we need to talk????

Just as I was about to start replying back to all the messages, I came across Madison's last text message that shocked me the most.

From: Maddi

 Darcy me and Lauren have been trying to get through to you it's about Josh. We overheard Josh talking to his ex I think her name is Nicole. She came to the house today; apparently they have been keeping in contact and texting each other. We think something more is going on.

Call or text us soon please! M&L xxx

~

I was so confused; I didn't know what to think.  What  was I meant to do, call the girls or call Josh!? I wanted to trust Josh and believe him but seeing the messages from the girls made me get suspicious. Why was this happening, this was the last thing that I needed. The only thing I could think of doing to ease myself was to give Josh a chance to explain so I called him.

At first he wasn't picking up and this got my mind wild thinking of all the possible reasons for why he wasn't instantly picking up his phone like he usual did.

"Hey Darc, you okay how's being at home?" He groggily asked as he finally picked the call.

It's good just tired .... So what have you been doing, have you seen someone today? I asked hoping that I wasn't too obvious with my question.

"Nah, just been with the lad all day rehearsing." Rehearsing? This had to be a lie, instead of just dragging it I went in and asked him.

Josh I know about Nicole coming to the house to see you so you can stop lying to me. "What? I wasn't ly-ing ok maybe but.... She was only in the house for a few minutes and then she left it wasn't a big deal. He said in a defensive tone.

So did you leave with her and why couldn't you just tell me the truth from the start? I could tell from the conversation I was already getting annoyed, why couldn't he just be honest instead of being sly?

"Darc now isn't the right time to talk about this; we can talk about it when you get back"

Is that all you have to say to me I said before he cut the line.

I was left confused and torn, was there more to Josh and Nicole seeing each other? It was bad enough that I was worried about Saturday and now I was dreading coming face to face with Josh. I wasn't ready for his lies; either he had to be honest with me or else.....

A/N: Hope everyone liked this chapter. What do you think Josh is hiding from Darcy?  Chapter 21 will be uploaded on Tuesday. I can't believe after tomorrow we will be in 2013!!! Hope everyone has a lovely new year and party hard!!!