"Ehn? I did not call Bolt." I honestly did not order one so I am confused. Except...

"Mumu, what do you think I was doing on my phone? Or the call I just received?" She facepalms herself continuously as she states the obvious which was not so obvious to me.

"But Nimi is it not too much?" I ask her.

"Shut up and take it as a congratulations in advance kind of gift." She muses as she grins from ear to ear.

"Thank you so much, I feel so loved right now." I hug her in appreciation.

"You are, duhh. Go kick some asses today, girl." She drags me outside with her into the Cab.

"Goodluck." She mouths and waves me goodbye with her hands. I lean into the car seat and enjoy every bit of the ride.

•••••

Looking at the tall building in front of me that had Jimdey written in cursive, the nervousness I tried so hard to overcome returns. I sigh and walk towards the glass doors which open on their own accord, nice!

"Good morning. I am here for the interview for the position of an assistant." I say to the receptionist.

"What is your name?" She asks.

"Abieyuwa Gift Omozuwa." I reply.

"Alright. Ms. Abieyuwa. Your interview is at the 14th floor. You may take the elevator there." She replies, smilling at me.

"Thank you." I say in appreciation.

"I am Clarion, by the way. Goodluck!" She says and I just nod and walk to the elevator. Pressing the button that leads to the 14th floor, I relax and wait till the elevator door slides open again but this time, indicating that I have reached my destination.

Four other persons are seated and by all indications, they are also here for the interview. Well, they did state that only five selections would be made out of the numerous applications, so you can understand why I am ecstatic this morning.

"Good morning." I smile to the guy I sit next to. He gives me a look from head to toe before replying.

"Good morning. You're also here for the interview?" He asks.

"Yes." I smile back. I look around and pause in amazement. I look nothing like the two other ladies here. Caked in heavy makeup, one of them had on a dress that exposed all her chest area, leaving her boobs for display to the general public. Also, her stomach area was on full display. Aunty, this is not a club nau. Please kuku remove the top and just go topless.

The second one had on a bodycon micro mini gown that exposed all her laps as she sat. Well, for an interview, I feel their outfit is way over board. What do I know? Let me just keep quiet and jejely do what I came here for. Plus, it will be creepy for them to catch me staring.

Around 10am, a staff starts calling the names of the persons here for the interview and one by one, they walk into the interview room.

"Abieyuwa Gift Omozuwa." I hear my name being called. I stand up and follow the person.

Just before I enter the room, I heave a deep sigh to counter the nervousness building inside of me. You can do it. I chant in my head then knock on the door.

"Come in." A hoarse voice says from inside.

"Sit." The man says without looking up.

"I am Mr. Donald Harrison and I am the Head of Human Resources in this company." He says with a straight no-nonsense face.

"What is your name?" He asks and I reply with my name, to which he nods.

"So tell me about yourself." He asks and I do in the most professional way I know of.

"If the CEO gives you confidential information and a senior-level staff/executive asks you about it, what would you do?" He ask.

"Since I am not authorized to disclose the CEO's information, even to other senior-level executives, I would politely and firmly explain that I hsve no information to share with them." I reply with a small smile.

"How do you deal with an angry person who insists on seeing the CEO when he is unavailable?" He asks.

"I would speak calmly and evenly, putting a positive spin on the situation. To avoid escalating the conflict, I would politely offer to take a message, reassure them that the CEO will contact them as soon as possible." I reply him.

"How do you intend to manage your time when dealing with multiple tasks simultaneously?" Multi-tasking is something I learnt since my university days.

"When I am being pulled in multiple directions, the main focus is for me to stay calm and collected. I write out to-do lists and focus on prioritizing tasks based on importance and deadlines. This clears my head and helps me finish all of my tasks on time." These questions are giving me hope.

"How do you view the job description of an assistant working under the CEO himself?" He asks.

"My goal is to stay one step ahead at all times and remain involved in the changing needs of CEO and the entire business. I am required to also use my own intuition to determine what the boss needs to know, and what is just noise or irrelevant." I say.

"Getting this job means you would be at the boss' beck and call. Do you think you have it in you to accomplish that?" He asks.

"Yes, Sir." I say, nodding my head.

"Lastly, what do you believe an assistant brings to the company?" He asks me.

"Being an assistant makes it feel like I am part of something bigger. Making people's lives run more smoothly and efficiently." I say in response to his question.

"That will be all. We will get back to you." At that, my shoulders slouch in disappointment.

In my experience, we will get back to you has practically equalled to you did not get the job. I just let out a forced smile and take my leave, basking in my sorror.

With Nimi's enthusiasm, for a moment I had hope that this will pull through. Talk about expectations. I guess I will just have to try again next time at another company.

Looking back at the tall building, sadness washes over me. I sigh and take a bus back home.

Nimi is at work, so I am home alone. First time in a long non-Sunday day that I will be home by 2pm.

To attend this interview, I had to call in sick at my work place because I don't want them to know the actual reason behind my absence.

Since I am home, I could as well prepare some food for later. With that in mind, I walk towards the kitchen with the sole purpose of cooking one thing; yam porridge making use of dried fish and stock fish. I wash my hands and get busy; preparing the meal.