part 11; chaotic

kenma's POV:

"Oh shit. I fucked up," y/n's laughing voice calls from the bathroom as the loud roar of the hair dryer stops.

"What? I wanna see it,"

y/n peeks uncertainly out of the bathroom door and rolls her eyes at my grin. 

"Screw it," 

She flings the door open.

"Duuuude,"

Her hair hangs down around her face in messy waves like it usually does, but it's got a few deep purple streaks. They're kind of chaotic and appear to have no particular shape or pattern, but they actually look pretty good on her. The pants she'd bought earlier fit sort of loose, but they look cool and go well with the top. 

"I feel like I need to be carrying around a skateboard and be beating people up," she laughs lightly. 

"I like it," 

Her face brightens a little bit. "Really?" 

"Yeah. You look great," 

She smiles a little and sits down next to me. 

"Ok, now you," 

"Now me what?" 

"You go try your stuff on,"

"What stuff?"

She hold up another shopping bag and lifts an eyebrow. 

"What?" 

"What,"

"You got those??"

"Yeah. I literally bought them when you were standing right next to me,"

"No," I never saw her pay for those. "You didn't,"

"What, so did I steal them?" 

"Maybe," 

"Shut up," she throws the bag at me. 

I go to the bathroom and look inside the bag. Inside, there are the sweats I'd tried on earlier and a dark blue hoodie. They don't go too well with each other, but I try them on just to shut y/n up. Waddling outside, I smile at her. 

"Why?"

"Huh??"

"Why'd you buy these?"

"Cause you looked cute in them," she smirks at me, and I try to stop the heat rushing to my face. 

"Thanks," 

She nods at me and gives me a white shirt and a black jacket. 

"The shirt isn't mine, so it should fit you. The jacket is just really big. I change again and step outside. 

"You look good," 

I don't reply and sit on the bed. 

"Let's go somewhere," 

"Again?" 

"C'mon, I feel like going out," 

"y/n it's almost 11," 

"I know," she turns to look at me, eyes sparkling. "Arcade?" 

She looks at me with excitement and flushed cheeks. I have to give in. "Arcade," 

y/n grins at me and runs out the door. 

"Hey, uh. You- you probably need a jacket...." 

She doesn't reply, so I pick up a thick red racket and follow her out the door.