part 15; song

kenma's POV:

We stay out in the rain for a little longer, due to y/n's crazy demands. I hate the rain, but once we're all soaked and cold, it isn't that bad. We stay still in the little alley and face each other. 

"Yes,"

"Huh?"

"Yes. I do like you," 

Hearing it again makes my heart skip a beat once more. I ignore my urge to suppress a smile and grin. 

"In that case," I stare at her perfectly sculpted face. "Me too," 

"So," y/n bites her lip. "Where are we?"

"Good question," 

"Right?"

She laughs hysterically and buries her face in her palms. 

"This is crazy,"  

I agree. 

"Why do you like me?" even though she's assured me multiple times that I'm not as bad as I think I am, it still doesn't make any sense. What is someone like her doing wasting her time on someone like me?

"Because," she tugs on my ear. "You're kinda unbelievably perfect. And I'm sick of you talking shit about yourself. I swear to god, you are the sweetest, nicest - in an unconventional way-, most relatable person I've ever met, okay? So please stop doubting yourself. You're great, trust me,"

She smoothes down her wet hair, and I can feel a blush rising to my cheeks at the compliments. I don't know what is was- maybe the slowing rain, the adrenaline, y/n's presence, the little corner we're standing in, the start of spring, or the way the water on her face sparkles when it catches the streetlight,- but my eyes flick to her hair, her forehead, her eyes, her nose, and then her lips. I can feel her eyes trained on mine, noticing and following its path. I can't back out now.

I kiss her. 

As soon as I press my lips against hers, I feel a smile on her face. The rain starts the slow more and more, and the radio comes back on. The quality is all broken from the rain, but you could still make out the songs. I've never really liked it. It's come on the station tons of times. To me, its always sounded like a bad and depressing song, but right now, maybe because of the damaged earphones, the boring and tame side of the song melts away and reveals a fiery, lively tune.

In fact, it's one of the best songs I've ever heard.