part 7; out

y/n's POV:

Kenma's been pretty distant lately. The guys from the team are telling me not to take it personally, because he apparently is just like that sometimes, but he's being pretty normal towards them. He hasn't been to friendly for a few days, and I can tell he's being pretty difficult with Kuroo as well. But now Kuroo's in Hokkaido, and I'm still in Tokyo with Kenma. Kenma, who hasn't texted me in the longest time, Kenma, who hasn't been home the last time I checked, Kenma, who's Steam activity has gone down significantly. I'm worried about him. On the third day of exams he started to act all strange around me. Maybe he's finally realised what I loser I am. But that doesn't explain the other things. He's never active on Discord anymore, and it never says he's playing a game, which is unusual. Yesterday, when Kuroo left for vacation, I went to Kenma's place. His mom was there, scowling at me and looking scary as always. When I asked her about Kenma, she waved her hand and told me to not to worry about it, so I figured he was running an errand for her or something. 

I've tried texting him, but he won't reply. I don't know if I should be worried or hurt. His mom said there was nothing to worry about, so I'm guessing he's fine. I've tried so many times to think back to think if I said anything or did something to hurt him, but nothing comes to mind. I collapse onto my bed and close my eyes. think, think think. Last week I helped him study. He was completely fine before I went off to study with Kuroo. Kuroo. Is he mad that he wasn't there or something? We invited him. Maybe he wanted me to want him there a lot or something. I groan and throw my pillow over my head and flop onto my stomach. I let out a cry of frustration and tears start to prick at my eyes for what seems like the 400th time this week. I mentally go through the list of possibilities. Maybe he got a lot of questions wrong on his tests and was sent to a non-digital study thing. Or maybe he went on a last minute trip with is dad, who I didn't see that day either. But that still doesn't explain his sudden coldness towards me while he was still here. I sit up and run my fingers through my hair, trying not to break down into a heap of tears and soggy tissues. 

y/n: any luck?

yaku: no reply

y/n: same

yaku: but i rarely text him 1 on 1 anyway

yaku: so it's nothing new

y/n: yea well i do

y/n: and hes not like this

yaku: im sure hes fine

y/n: no i wanna know what i did wrong

yaku: i told u

yaku: he gets weird sometimes

y/n: not to me 

y/n: hes never like this

yaku: youve known him for less than a year

yaku: give it some time

y/n: actually no

y/n: ive known him for 3 years

yaku: wait what

yaku: but ur from miyagi??

y/n: its a long story

y/n: but he was never like this

yaku: dude 3 years?!

y/n: ill tell u later ok

yaku: bruhh u better

yaku: and im sure its nothing

y/n: what would you know

y/n: none of you have even bothered to try to get to know him

yaku: thats not fair