part 6; misconception

a/n droppin in rq 

this story has so many parts?!!

JEEESUS editing these all again is a PAIN <3

y/n's POV:

"Is this awkward for you too?"

"Definitely,"

We pull away and start laughing.

"Kuroo, are you sure I need this? It seems pretty dumb,"

"Trust me. If that boy makes a move on you and you hesitate for a split second, he'll freak out and internally overanalyze it for months,"

"So why are we doing this in public?"

"Because it sets the mood,"

"I'm not feeling it. Probably cause of you," I shove him in the head and he laughs.

"Tell that to the other girls in school. They'll think you're crazy,"

"You're crazy. What is this, flirting 101??"

"I'm helping you develop a future with Kenma,"

"Don't say it like that. I'm gonna be friendzoned for life,"

"I told you, I know when he likes someone. Trust me,"

"So if you're so good at playing matchmaker, why don't you have a girlfriend?"

"Shut up," 

He removes his arm from around my shoulder. I shudder.

"Let's never do that again, please. I don't enjoy discomfort," I get up. "Thanks, I guess. I don't really know what you supposedly helped me with, but uh.. thanks for the ice cream,"

He gets up next to me. 

"I've been trying to tell you!!! If he puts his arm around you and you don't react, he's gonna be scarred for life!!!"

"So your genius solution was for you to act like a guy who's 800x hotter than you? Einstein is quaking,"

"I am 80000x hotter than Kenma. You're secretly in love with me, admit it,"

"As if," I elbow him in the gut. "Come on, or I'm locking you out,"

I sprint back to my house and Kuroo follows close behind and finally overtakes me. 

"NO. GET BACK. HERE," 

When I reach the front door Kuroo is already standing there and jeering at me. I open the door and we go up to my room. 

"How'd you even know I liked him?" I ask. I never told him. I've never told anyone. Kuroo asked me about it right after we got to my place today. He kind of forced me into admitting it and now he thinks it all depends on him. 

"I told you, I'm a mind reader," he wiggles his fingers.

"No, you're not. So you're gonna tell me. How did you know?" 

"Sigh. You're lame. Do you have to kill my buzz all the time?"

"Yes,"

"Ok, well, you're like, friends with basically everyone, so I was wondering why you couldn't befriend that boy to save your life,"

I raise an eyebrow. "I tried," I protest. "He never talked to me,"

"Ok. Fair. But you're like,  different around him,"

"What?! No I'm not," 

"Yes you are. You're slightly gentler. You're friends with everyone and your personality is always the same, but not with Kenma. Why?"