part 12; home

kenma's POV:

shoyo: KENMA

shoyo: KENMA

shoyo: WERE COMING TO TOKYOO!!!!

kenma: why

shoyo: FOR THE CARNIVALLLL

shoyo: WE'RE GOINGG

kenma: what

shoyo: LETS GO TOGETHER

shoyo: YAMAGUCHIS COMING TOO

kenma: to what

shoyo: THE CARNIVALLL

kenma: what

shoyo: THE ANNUAL CARNIVAL!!

shoyo: WITH THE FOOD AND THE GAMES AND THE PRIZES!!!

kenma: what

I turn my phone off and google the weird carnival thing he was talking about. Turns out it's just this overrated event downtown in two days for the celebration of the start of spring or something. It's supposed to be fun, but it'd probably wear me out. I don't think I want to go. The only thing that I'm mildly excited about is that I haven't been needing to wear annoying winter coats all the time for the past day or two. 

There's a tap on my shoulder and I turn to face y/n's grinning face. 

"Seriously?" she holds up a text conversation with her and Shoyo. There's a screenshot of my confused texts. "How is it that I know what this is and I've only been here for less than a year, but you still don't?"

"I'm not really one for social events," I grumble. 

"Really? I didn't notice,"

I elbow her in her side. "Shut up,"  

"I know you don't want to go, so I can just tell Shoyo that you're sick or something," 

"Yeah? That'd be.. That'd be great, actually. Thanks," I smile at her. I like how she pushes me out of my comfort zone just a little, like the arcade a few nights ago, but doesn't make me do things like social events with lots of people socialising, where she knows I wouldn't feel at ease in. 

"Cool," 

"I was actually thinking of trying to go home today," I say. I'm not sure if my mom would let me back in, but I feel bad for staying at y/n's house for so long. She says she doesn't mind, but it's still pressuring. 

"Yeah?" she glances sideways at me. "Think she'll let you in?"

"Hopefully. It's not like I want  to go back and live with her, but it's not like she's never going to let me back in either. I could call the cops on her. I'm still a minor," 

"True," she leans against me. "I kinda don't want you to leave. You're fun," 

"We live like, 3 minutes from each other," 

"I know," 

"We can still talk, you know,"

"Yeah,"

kuroo: im coming back tmw

kuroo: hope u didnt have too much fun w/out me ;))

kenma: huh

kuroo: nevermind.

"Kuro said he's coming back tomorrow," 

"Oh. Maybe I can drag him to this carnival thing with me,"

kenma: y/n said shes going to this place w shoyo and yamaguchi in 2 days

kenma: u should go with