part 23; torture tool II

kenma's POV:

Before I even knock, the door swings open and y/n is grinning at me, like always. She also has her sparkly rainbow heated torture stick in her hand. I groan and roll my eyes. 

"C'mon!" she grabs me by the wrist and runs upstairs.

Her eyes sparkle with mischief as she pushes me into a chair and reaches for a hairbrush. 

"I," she says, playing with my hair, "am gonna make you hot as fuck," 

"Good luck with that," 

She swipes a comb gently down my hair, stopping to tug lightly the knots. The entire thing feels a little therapeutic, but I also feel sort of attacked. She brushes my hair in silence before equipping herself withI the curler. 

"Now pray to god that I don't burn you," 

"Please, dear god, don't let y/n burn me,"

"Good," she grins. "Cause if I burn your neck, it's gonna look like you have a hickey," 

"Doesn't matter. Wouldn't be able to tell if there's another one, anyway," I tease, and she blushes and looks away. 

"Shut up. Okay, ready?"

"You would proceed regardless of my answer, so yes,"

"Good," 

She gets a strand of my hair and twists it around the stick. 

"Graduation is in 2 months," 

"Yeah," 

"Excited?"

"Not really,"

"At least you'll have more freedom,"

"I'm gonna fail all my classes,"

"No, you won't" she nudges me slightly with her elbow. "you're doing well right now, aren't you?"

"Yeah, well that's just because you help me with stuff, which is embarrassing cause you're in a lower year than I am. And Kuro helped me before you came," 

"Then just get yourself a smart girlfriend," she laughs lightly, as if she wasn't  suggesting a replacement for herself. 

"Impossible," 

She puts her hand down and messes with my hair a little. I can feel it sort of bouncing up and down. 

"Why?"

"There is no one else in the world that's just as beautiful and smart as you, who also happens to like me,"

"Then I must be special," she exaggeratedly bats her eyes.

"You are," I answer truthfully. 

She smiles a little embarrassed and cute smile as she pushes the rolling chair in front of a mirror. I see myself, but with weird and unruly curly hair. It's terrible. 

"I am never doing that to you again," she laughs. 

"Good idea," 

"You look horrible,"

I shove her playfully to the side. 

"I agree,"