part 4; comfort

your pov:

your pov:

It's 3 am right now, and Tetsuro, Tora, Kenma and I are sitting in the middle of Kuroo's room. We're playing video games. After I watched Kuroo and Kenma practice, I tried to go home, but Kuroo told me to stay for the night, since Kenma was already staying and I needed to not move or something. I don't understand why I can't just go home and rest there, but it's extremely difficult to get past Kuroo when he has his mind set on something. Tora came knocking at around 12 am, and Kuroo let him in without questioning him. He never explained why he was here, but he casually settled in and watched Kenma and I play csgo. He brought snacks, though, so I guess that's pretty validating. 

So now Kenma and I are playing csgo and eating ice cream. It's pretty cool, actually, cause for the first time ever, there's no tension there. 

"Get wrecked," Kenma says, semi-happily. "She's gonna blow"

"Nope. I'm gonna defuse it," I reply. "I'm better than you, admit it,"

"Liar,"

"No you,"

"No you,"

"GEEZ GET A ROOM, GUYS," Kuroo shrieks and turns towards Yamamoto. "I LOOOVE how we can play video games with each other, Yama-kun, my cutie pie,"

"No YOU are," Yamamoto bats his eyes. "You're just soooo good at the game!"

"No YOU are,"

Kenma rolls his eyes at the show and returns to the game. His team won.

"Told you I was better," he smirks at me. 

"You just got lucky with your team. I'm surprised they could put up with your horrible playing,"

"I'm surprised your teammates didn't go cancer on you for being afk for half the game and vote to kick you,"

"That's cause you messed with my keys, you big ape,"

He laughs a little and runs his fingers through his hair. 

In less than 12 hours, the awkwardness somehow melted away and we've been able to comfortably talk to each other. I don't know if I want to cry or laugh. When Kenma texted me about a girl, it hurt really bad. He won't go into depth about her, but from the looks of it, she seems like the polar opposite of me. She's described as 'kind' and 'hot' and somewhat social. I don't think someone like me who sits at home or on Kuroo's couch all day playing video games and cleaning out his fridge is too social or kind of me. That definitely doesn't make me hot. As much as it sucks, Kenma's finally starting to warm up to me, which is good. 

"Alright, get out of the way. I'm gonna go brush my teeth," I start to get up.

"Imagine brushing your teeth," Kuroo snarks from behind. 

"It's called basic hygiene, Kuroo-san. Maybe you should try it sometime. Then maybe you won't reek of your stanky ego everyday," Tora snorts. "Anyway, I'm outta here. See ya," he gets up and leaves.