part 8; promise?

A/N RQ:
GUYS THIS ISNT SOME SORT OF KINKY NSFW ITADAKIMASU SHIT OKAY HES NOT EATING YOU OUT YALL NEED TO CHILL 

edit
the comments r making me wna write a kenma seggz book pls 😭😭

y/n's POV:

We finally pull away and I lead him upstairs and motion for him to put his stuff down. It looks heavy. In the light, I can tell he doesn't look like he usually does. He has dark circles under his bloodshot and tired eyes. His clothes are wrinkled and his hair is tangled and messy. He doesn't say anything but I can tell what he's thinking. He's sorry. He's sorry for barging in on me this early. He's sorry for not talking to me. He's sorry for being here. 

"It's ok," I whisper. 

"Thank you," he whispers back. "I didn't know where to go. I-"

I stop him. "When was the last time you ate?" 

I walk over to my closet and pull out a dark grey shirt from my growing pile of Kuroo's clothes I should probably return. I also pick up these black sweats that I've never worn. I accidentally got them in a bigger size than I usually wear.

"This morning," 

I hand him the clothes. "Tell me later. You need to eat," I point to the bathroom. "Shower?" I don't mean it in the way that he smells bad- he smells pretty nice- but I have a feeling it's been a while. 

"I have some chips," 

"No. You need food food," 

He doesn't argue and heads in the direction of the bathroom. I watch him close the door behind him and I softly knock at my mom's door. I hear her rustle and mumble a quiet "come in"

She sits up groggily in bed. "What?"

"Mom, Kenma's here,"

She sighs. "Okay. But next time please tell me before someone comes in the middle of the night,"

"I will," I promise. "But I think he's gonna stay for a while. Something's wrong. Please don't kick him out," 

"I won't. Tell him he can stay as long as he needs to," 

"Thank you,"

She closes her eyes and I close the door behind me and head for the kitchen. I don't particularly enjoy cooking, but I don't hate it either. I can make some pretty basic dishes that come in handy when some guys from the team come over after practice for food sometimes. I'm not entirely sure why they can't just go home and eat in their own houses, but I guess they enjoy freeloading off of me. I mentally flip through some recipes and scour through the pantry and fridge. I get out a pot and a pan. I can make yaki udon pretty quickly. By the time I start to plate it, Kenma comes downstairs. His hair is wet and Kuroo's big shirt swallows his torso up. 

"Something smells good," 

"Yeah, well let's hope it tastes as good as it smells,"

He sits down across from me. "I've never had a meal in the middle of the night before,"

"I've never cooked a meal in the middle of the night before,"

"Sorry," 

"That's not how I meant it,"

He shrugs. "itadakimasu"

I smile at him. 

I want to ask him so many things, but I decide to wait until he's back to his normal state. 

"This is really good," he says with slightly widened eyes. 

"Really?" I say. I probably sound way too excited.