epilogue - the one with the conversation

Jongin and Taemin were waiting at the airport for the twins arrival back in Korea - they had been to Japan with their group - Xenma - for a concert and while Jongin and Taemin had originally been wanting to go watch the concert in person, they hadn't been able to clear their schedules.

Jongin couldn't be a more proud father, and he knew Taemin couldn't as well. Seojun and Daehyun were everything they had hoped the twins would grow up to be and even more than that.

Seojun was practically a copy of Taemin, while Daehyun had seemingly followed more in Jongin's footsteps as far as everything went. Meanwhile Hansol was everything the youngest would be expected to be in Jongin's mind - he was their troublemaker, he had seemingly picked up both of their bad habits as well as their two older son's habits.

While Daehyun might have favored Jongin more and Seojun definitely favored Taemin more, Hansol was more of a mix. He didn't necessarily look or act like one or the other.

Daehyun and Seojun were the ying to each other's yang still and Jongin assumed they always would be. They could either be calm as could be or as hectic as a hurricane, always had been that way. Probably always would be.

The twins were inseparable, something that Jongin and Taemin loved and had encouraged about them - mostly because they knew Seojun was too easy going at times for his own good and Daehyun was a lot more headstrong.

So Jongin and Taemin always loved how the twins were practically stuck to each others sides, because they didn't have to worry about either of them that way.

In Jongin's opinion, Daehyun was the son he had to worry the least about. Not that he didn't worry about Daehyun just as well, but he knew Daehyun could hold his own with almost anyone and everyone.

Hansol followed his older brother's every move and for the most part that provided some reprieve from worrying about him and his decision making abilities.

However Hansol still had a wild streak and was still young enough to think he was invincible, so Jongin worried about what sort of trouble he would manage to get himself into.

Seojun was the son that Jongin had almost always had trouble relating to, he was sensitive and had taken after Taemin a lot more than he had taken after Jongin.

So he worried about him in much of the same way as he used to worry about Taemin when they were younger and still in training together. He worried about how the world would perceive Seojun, how they'd react to his mannerisms and his personality.

Which led to Daehyun being the headstrong leader-like of their sons, Jongin trusted him to watch out for his brothers. He had grown up from the little boy who threw a temper tantrum whenever Jongin wasn't around into a reserved man who still followed Jongin around like his shadow whenever the twins were home.

Taemin glanced over at Jongin, "Before the boys get back - Seojun texted me this morning... said he wanted to talk to you about something. I know you're going to think it's redundant, but just listen to him and don't immediately say that you already knew that."

"I'm being summoned for a talk with one of our sons? Oh geez."

"Just be serious for a few minutes during the conversation, like I said I know you'll think the whole thing is redundant and unnecessary all things considered - but it means a lot to Junnie to tell you."

"Is it about what we both already had a strong suspicion of?" Jongin asked, raising an eyebrow.

Taemin nodded.

"When did he tell you?"

"Before they left for their concert."

"And you didn't mention it til now? Why didn't he tell me when he told you?"