the one with the trip to america

Jongin still wasn't sure how to act around Taemin. They had obviously been around each other a lot since the formation of their new group, SuperM, but this time felt different. Because they were going to be living together for their time in America for their debut as a group.

He was trying to keep Baekhyun's words in mind - that Taemin was trying, that it just wasn't Jongin's view of trying, that Jongin needed to simply give Taemin time. And they had managed to kind of make things work a little bit, there was good days and there was bad days.

But the difference was there wasn't going to be any break from each other while they were in America - not really. For the first time since their breakup, they were going to have to be seeing each other for a majority of their days. They couldn't just escape each other when things got tense.

Taemin had still been mostly avoiding him every time they had been around each other for practice or recording. Jongin had always tried to at least be friendly and talk to him a little bit and Taemin had seemingly tried to get away as soon as he could.

Jongin had been hopeful when they got to the airport, Taemin stayed close by and actually joked around with him the entire way into the airport.

Once they got onto the plane though, some of Jongin's newfound hope left.

Taemin chose to sit next to Ten on the plane, leaving Jongin to sit beside Mark. It wasn't that he minded sitting beside some of the other guys - they were all great really - but he had wanted to get the chance to gauge how Taemin was now and a fourteen hour flight would have definitely done the trick.

But besides that - Jongin had to admit he was jealous.

Jealous of Ten at the moment. Jealous of Lucas earlier in their time as SuperM. Jealous of how Taemin was being with them.

Jealous of how Taemin was laughing at whatever it was Ten was saying at the moment.

Jongin forced his eyes away from Taemin and Ten - looking back in front of him. He had to do something to at least get back on friendly terms with Taemin, if nothing else. Jongin had determined that he needed Taemin in his life really.

They had gotten to the house that they were going to be staying in for while they were in LA a little while ago. Everyone had been wandering around and checking out the bedrooms - there was three solo rooms and the other two were doubles, so they were trying to figure out who was going to be staying in each room.

Jongin had been trailing Taemin around the house the entire time that they were all walking around. Jongin couldn't help but think that he was being pathetic really - how desperate he was to get the chance to just have a conversation with Taemin. Whether it end in them getting back together or just returning to being friends.

Jongin just wanted to fix things somehow.

Once they had all settled down in the living room, they decided on random picking of rooms. Picking a number out of a bucket and picking a room by your number. It would work out perfectly for whoever got the number one, and well, whoever got number seven wouldn't be getting much of an option.

Taemin was going on and on about how he wanted the third solo room, and Jongin was sitting nearby listening to him ramble on about the room - knowing Baekhyun was already planning on messing with Taemin about the room and had gotten Taeyong in on it.