the one where they're in the NICU

Jongin was surprised at how quiet the NICU actually was. He assumed it would be overly loud, all the machines and the amount of doctors and nurses moving around the place. Instead it was almost eerily quiet - at least it was this late at night.

It had taken a couple trips into the NICU for Jongin to get at least partially used to the amount of equipment and nurses. While Taemin had stayed inside the boundaries of the NICU ever since the twins were born, Jongin had been out a few times since he had been allowed in - mostly to go check on Jung Ah.

By the end of the night, Jongin was watching on as Taemin was getting the chance to hold their sons.

Neither of their sons names ended up including either of their families generational names - despite the fact that they almost gave each of their generational names to one of the twins. But they didn't.

Because as Taemin mentioned, what if they ended up having more kids? Who's generational name would any potential future children have? And as crazy of an idea as it was to be thinking about more kids when the twins were just born - Jongin could see his point.

So they ended up deciding on names together.

Lee Daehyun and Lee Seojun.

Jongin ran a finger against the back of one of the twins head. Both of them were small, due to them being premature, and Jongin couldn't believe how small they both were.

"They're perfect." Jongin said quietly, trying not to disturb the twins.

Taemin nodded, "Yeah they are."

"It's quiet in here." Jongin whispered, looking over at Taemin.

Taemin nodded, "Yeah it is."

"You okay?"

Taemin glanced over at him, "I'm scared."

"It's going to be okay, Taem. The twins will be alright, we'll get through this all." Jongin said, nodding. "Trust me babe, our children are going to be just fine. If they're anything like their daddy, they're going to be stronger than anything."

Taemin smiled over at Jongin, nodding. "I'm just worried."

"Where's my wonderful boyfriend who was telling me all day that things were going to be just fine?"

Taemin rolled his eyes before looking back down at the boys. "That was before our two sons were born, and before the oxygen lines and feeding tubes."

Jongin patted Taemin's leg, "We'll get through this. Did I miss any news from the doctors while I was out?

A shake of Taemin's head was the only answer he got.

"Taem - come on, look at me."

Taemin looked over at Jongin again.

"Think about it - eventually we're going to have two beautiful toddlers, running around our house. They'll both be big and strong. Who knows; maybe they'll be natural dancers, or smart as hell - smarter than both of us combined probably."

Taemin nodded and Jongin let out a quiet laugh, Taemin joining in.

"Eventually they'll be little kids, probably fighting over toys even though we'll have an abundance of things for them to play with. They'll be hollering appa and daddy every ten seconds to tell on each other about something and we'll have to figure out what the hell to do."

"I love how that sounds."

"That's our future." Jongin said, nodding. "We are the parents of two brilliant boys, who are going to grow up to be brilliant men. They're just going to have a little bit rockier of a start than we imagined."