the one with the showcase

They had been at the venue for most of the day, getting ready and finishing up details for the showcase that night. Jongin had been worried as to how they were going to act around each other while in front of the rest of the group - but he learned that his worry was unfounded because it was almost like nothing had changed between them, even if they were semi-back-together-maybe.

They interacted normally with each other - no more awkward silence. Which was a nice change from how things were when they were first all put into SuperM.

Before he knew it, it was time for their showcase. Jongin was oddly nervous as they got onto the lift, he quickly moved across the lift and wrapped his arms around Taemin for a quick hug - hoping to calm his nerves over the performance.

Jongin was exhausted. The showcase had gone good and they were all back at their rental house. Jongin was more than ready to fall over into bed and go to sleep.

He knew him and Baekhyun had to head back to Korea sooner than the rest of SuperM to do EXO activities before SuperM would be back together for their tour - so he definitely wanted to enjoy his little bit of resting time as much as possible.

"You look comfy." Taemin said, walking back into his room from having gotten changed.

Jongin was laid across the bed, and shot Taemin a grin at his words. "Thought I wouldn't waste any time coming in here. Hope you don't mind."

"I don't." Taemin replied, walking over and climbing into the bed beside Jongin. He scooted up against Jongin's side and immediately draped an arm across Jongin's waist, pressing a kiss to Jongin's neck.

Jongin wrapped an arm around Taemin, pulling him as close as he could and closing his eyes. "Showcase went good tonight. You were amazing as usual."

Taemin laughed, "You were great - also as usual."

They had an Ellen interview within the next week and then that would be it for their time in LA this go around. Jongin wasn't sure what it would be like for them back in Korea, but he was at least happy with the fact that they had gotten from not talking to each other to whatever they were at now.

They had definitely improved it more than Jongin had ever dared to hope for them at this point. They weren't back to where they had been, but Jongin was okay with that. He never expected for them to return to what they had been this quickly. He didn't want them to.

Jongin had decided he wanted to create a new normal for them. All things taken into consideration, they had broken up at the beginning of 2018. It was now 2019. A lot changed in a years time in their lifestyles.

"You seem different." Taemin said quietly.

"What do you mean?" Jongin asked, opening his eyes.

"You just seem more.... relaxed? More unbothered, I guess."

Jongin laughed lightly, pressing a kiss to the top of Taemin's head. "I'm trying to be more relaxed about everything. So I guess I'm at least hitting that goal."

Taemin sat up slightly, looking at Jongin. "So more relaxed about everything huh? So what if I kissed you in front of everyone at breakfast in the morning?"

Jongin sighed, raising an eyebrow. "Taem - I mean, first off, would suggest not doing that for the sheer fact that neither of us are out and all that usual junk that I've said a million times in the past. But I'm really going to try to not be as worried about it, I don't want that to get in the way of us being us anymore."