the one with the late talker

Jongin had to admit that he was beginning to get slightly worried over Seojun and his lack of talking at this point. The twins had been behind on a few milestones before so Jongin knew this was probably just another instance of it and that eventually it would work it's way out - just as everything else had.

But the longer time went on and the more confident Daehyun got with talking and learning more words, the more Jongin worried. The twins were nearing two years old and both Taemin and Jongin were aware of the fact that the delay in speech was definitely a thing that was going to need more attention.

They had already discussed the issue with the twins doctor and had been told that everything seemed alright on a medical level. The doctor reassuring them that speech would come in time for Seojun and that sometimes with kids who had been born prematurely the milestones are just set back, which was a statement they had heard more times than Jongin could remember.

Jongin's favorite advice about the situation had come from his mother who had told Jongin jot to worry and that when Seojun wants or needs something, he'll be sure to let you all know.

Taemin had taken on working more with Seojun in trying to get him to talk while Jongin focused on his next comeback with EXO.

Jongin had a day full of practice ahead of him, Taemin watching as he got ready for the day.

"I can take Daehyun with me today if you want?" Jongin offered, looking back at Taemin. "We're just going to be in the practice studio all day and if he gets fussy and needs to come home, Jung Ah can come and pick him up."

Taemin nodded, "That'll work. I think that might actually be beneficial for the Seojun situation and trying to get him to talk."

Jongin laughed, nodding. "I'll take the little troublemaker with me today."

It was an issue on top of everything else that they had noticed a couple days prior - Daehyun answering for Seojun. Taemin had asked Seojun if he wanted a juice and Daehyun had replied in his cute little voice yes Junnie wants juice.

They weren't sure exactly how Daehyun had apparently known the answer for Seojun - but either way it wasn't helping with trying to get Seojun to talk to have Daehyun around providing answers for him.

Jongin finished getting dressed before he went and got Daehyun up from his bed - the small boy giving him a confused look as he brought Daehyun into his and Taemin's to get him changed, in order to avoid waking up Seojun.

"Dae - you're going to go with appa today okay?" Taemin said, smiling at Daehyun while he sleepily clung to Jongin.

Daehyun nodded, "Okay."

Taemin got up, walking over and pressing a kiss to Daehyun's forehead. "Have a good day. Love you."

"Love you daddy."

Jongin smiled at Taemin, "Love you babe. Have a good day with Seojun."

Jongin had packed a blanket, toys, snacks, and one of their tablets all for Daehyun's day at the dance studio with him - getting him set up on the couch off to the side of the room before their dance practice started.

As the day went on, Jongin was worried that Daehyun was going to end up fussy or bored but he seemed to be fine and before Jongin knew it practice was over and Daehyun was napping on the couch.

He was anxious to get back to their house and to see if Taemin had managed to make any progress with Seojun. The solution to split up the twins for the day had seemed like the only logical answer considering how much more assertive Daehyun was compared to Seojun.