"Having said that, why I had never heard of Amica, even from the servants?"

Gossips were common inside the palace, typically outside my chambers. If I concentrated enough, I could hear them talking sometimes.

I could understand about my late brother since who would even talk about a dead child but for a whole race and I hadn't heard anything until recently was just impossible.

"Of course, Amica is a taboo subject in the whole of Ezriel. No one will talk about them purposely in front of the royals. But I'm sure you are aware of the usual term they used." It was Night who responded.

"Monsters." That was the only word that came to mind.

So that was why they refer to me like that. I thought as several memories of people calling me one flashed in my mind. I assumed it was just an uncreative way to insult me since they always used exact same terms but to think that it was actually used as a universally degrading word for a race.

"You know those assholes refer to us as monsters when they are just actually scared. Those shitholes should rub---" His unrestrained words were stopped by Mhilrim's gesture.

Honestly, I wondered if Mhilrim did not come here. Night's explanation would undoubtedly be full of explicit words. As articulate as he was, he could not just complete a sentence without saying anything foul.

"It was not that they are completely unaware of our existence. They simply chose to ignore it. However, not the Ezriels themselves. Their hate for Amica is an instinct. Our violet eyes are the key to their insanity. They did not just kill, they enjoyed the tortures like it was engraved into them."

Memories of the past evaded my mind. I slightly shook my head trying to erase it.

"But King Enmir was an exception before he changed. In the past, he was truly a good leader. He was the luckiest among the descendants of Cannaria for he had your mother. The late queen is special being born to two Amicas."

I was aware my Father was a remarkable king but I refused to believe it. I was more stunned to know that Mother's parents were like me. I only knew that Mother was adopted but I never learned this part of this story.

"Although Amica can skip generations, it's not the case for two Amica parents. Their child will definitely be born an Amica and is already awakened within the mother's womb which is always why they had a hard time conceiving," she paused for a while as it was followed by a rough coughing fit.

Night was shortly on her side and stroking her back.

"Did you bring your medicine?" he asked, worry evident in his voice.

Mhilrim nodded and grew paler by the second while Night sighed as he sifted for something on his belt bag.

"What's wrong?" I could not help but intrude between them.

Before Mhilrim could answer, Night handed her a small pill and she swallowed it. She cleared her throat and began talking again like nothing happened.

"It is also very uncommon for two Amicas to conceive an ordinary mortal. The magic was instead in their blood. Queen Janessa had the purest holiness which counters the darkness from the Fallen God---" Loud coughs came once again before she could finish.

"Seriously, my lady. You're hacking like your fvcking lungs are going to burst out. You need to go back to the temple. I'll handle this. I should be doing this in the first place," scolded Night but it fell on deaf ears.

"The Ezriel family is indeed the Fallen God's descendants. It is not just an exaggerated tale but the truth. The insanity that plagued your ancestor was due to the blood of the god. The mortals could not withstand it. It is potent that even if the blood has gone thin, it could still make them lose their reason bound by the curse that not even the Fallen God can revoke," she explained.