43. like nothing ever happened

Start from the beginning

Daniel needs to start loving and caring for more than just me. He needs to fix the relationships he has with his friends and mom. I'm not in the correct state to start a relationship like that again. Daniel and I both have intense issues that only we can fix on our own. It reminds me of that saying where you can't love someone if you don't love yourself. With no proper care, you are walking in blindly to a relationship you aren't ready to handle.

Separation is okay. It is okay to take time off for yourself and do things to make sure you are healthy both mentally and physically. I really hope Daniel understands that and knows what he has to do. I know that mending friendships and fixing problems is hard because you have to find the right words and perfect phrases.

"What are you thinking about?" Daniel asks me and I stop at the red light.

"That I don't wanna make mistakes with you and how we're supposed to take time off and take care of ourselves. I don't wanna walk right back into something that I'm not ready for." I look over at him quickly. Taking in his almost hurt expression, as if he were trying to keep that face away from me.

"I get it." He shrugs but doesn't turn away. He puts his hand out to reach mine and I take his, my fingers already trained to fall in between his as our hands lock together.

"Thank you, Lou." Daniel changes the mood, giving my hand a gentle squeeze. I squeeze back assuring him that it is okay and that I'm glad he is feeling better right now.

• • •

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" Daniel asks in a concerning voice as he opens my door while I take a sip from my coffee.

"You know," I pause walking through the door, "I could be asking you the exact same thing." I let out a small chuckle before rubbing my arms at how freezing cold I feel.

Daniel closes the door behind him as he takes my coffee from my hands and tells me to go rest on the couch. I do what he says laying down on the gray couch, pulling the throw blanket over my shivering body.

"You shouldn't make yourself hotter," Daniel says coming back into the living room, "Do you have a bathing suit or a pair of underwear and bra you don't mind ruining?"

"Oh, what are we doing? Swimming in November? I thought you told me to rest?" I sarcastically snap at him as he pulls the blanket off of me.

"Grab yourself a bathing suit and we're gonna head to my place." He states not even asking me. It's more a demand as I roll my eyes and head to my room to put on a bathing suit. I choose a plain black bikini, decided to pack some Nike pros with a navy blue crewneck as my backup clothes.

We walk down to Daniel's apartment and he tells me to stay put even though I get overwhelmed by happiness when I see Lela. Her paws scratching at my knees and ankles as Daniel leaves to go somewhere. My eyes looking all around the place.

Everything is still the same. The locked door, the kitchen, the living room, and more closed rooms that I haven't be inside of. I bend down to pet Lela as she licks my nose overpowering me with sweet kisses, taking my vision off of Daniel when he walks back from one of the rooms with black swimming trunks on. Showing off his abs, as he looks down pinching his bottom lip with his index finger and thumb.

"Lukewarm baths are good," He pauses, "I read that on google." He shyly smiles, his cheek caving upwards as I smile back and walk past him into the next room.

"Thank you." I say to him as I head to where the light is my mouth dropping, "Holy Shit!"

"What?" Daniel walks in behind me.

"Your bathroom is...like gorgeous." I laugh and he laughs too turning off the running water in the bath. He dips his fingers in it making sure it's the correct temperature before allowing me to get in it.

"I'm gonna take a shower if you don't mind." He says and I tell him it's okay as I get in and sink my back down against the smooth white tub.

I watch Daniel as he turns on the shower, closing the glass door behind him. It gives me a clear view of his back as he washes his hair. Brushing his fingers through it. I watch in astonishment at the way his back muscles contract and flex.

He turns around rubbing the water from his eyes. My own gazing at his torso as the water drips down hitting the band of his boxer briefs that are covered by his black shorts. I step out of the bath and open the glass door. Daniel watching my every move.

"Turn around," I command and he does. I grab the body wash off on the counter and massage at his back and rub his shoulders. Rinsing then off in the water before running my own hands through his hair, combing through his wet locks.

I feel Daniel turn around slowly and look down at me. Water dripping all over the sides of his face as my own hair is dripping wet.

I feel Daniel's hand smooth down my neck, pulling me closer as I place my own on his shoulder. My mind having no common sense to stop me. All my actions getting overtaken by the lust feeling in my heart.

Daniel presses his lips against mine as I stand on my tippy toes kissing back when all of a sudden I zap back into reality and pull away, murmuring into the kiss.

"I- I need to go," I quickly say rushing out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my body. I head out of the bathroom and into the living room, picking up my spare clothes as I run past Lela and out the door...

Like nothing ever happened.

a/n

^^^bathing part of daniel's bathroom

hope we all enjoyed this chapter! i know it was rushed a bit but i'm trying to put out a few more chapters then i usually do, due to me going to the beach next week!

anyways as you know i have chosen to not post on my message board at the moment but i have a feeling i will eventually cave in. i've been focusing on myself and haven't been stressing out as much lately so that's good!

a quarantine chapter will be coming out very very soon! i know i'm late for that but i promise i'm working on it!

please please please vote ✩✩✩ and follow me if you want more updates and sneak peeks on my mb! i'm close to 500! and i can't wait to get there!

also if you haven't already checked out iniquity i recommend you do! it is my next book coming out and i highly think you will like it. apathetic, iniquity and a few other books in my drafts have the best plots ever to them.

hope you all have a wonderful evening/day/night, the next chapter is a q&a for you guys and something new i've been working on! love y'all...

till the next

xx

hannah (: