Tea

16 days left

Mera's P.O.V

An alarm blares in my ear, making me jump slightly in the bed, hitting something next to me. Kylo grumbles and I apologize. He sits up, rubbing his tired eyes and scratching his head. He looks around, and after noticing it's still dark outside he reaches over me and hits the clock on the nightstand. He snakes his arm around my waist, pulling me into him tightly.

"What was the alarm for?" I ask, scratching his bare back. He nuzzles into the crook of my neck and says nothing, obviously wanting to go back to sleep. He answers a few minutes later, "for you to go back to your room so no one sees you walk out of here in the morning." He grumbles, sighing heavily afterwards.

"Oh, I can go then-" I wiggle out of his arms but it was useless to do, considering he just pulls me back into him. I freeze, confused as to why he won't let me go. "No, I don't care if they see you." He says quietly, proceeding to gently kiss from my shoulder to my cheek.

He does that over and over again, going slower each time. "Kylo, you're tired you don't know what you're saying-"

"I said I don't care if they see you. If they see us." He whispers, laying his head on the pillow so I can see his face. He tucks a small piece of loose hair behind my ear. I furrow my eyebrows, propping myself up on my elbow. "Do you realize what you're saying?" I whisper, even though I'm fully aware we're the only ones in his suite and I could speak at normal level.

"I don't care if they know about us, Mera." He says, staring down at my lips. I spin around, pressing my back to his chest. It hides the confused look on my face, still not convinced.

"I can feel your doubtfulness." He whispers, placing his chin in the crook of my neck. "Have faith my dear."

I hum in response, the warmth of his body putting me at ease. Before I know it I'm back asleep.

***

I pat the bed mindlessly, trying to find Kylo next to me. The sun has barely come up over the planet, the sky still painted a beautiful shade of blue and pink. I stand up, stepping out onto the balcony to breathe in the fresh air. Since Ren's room is right next to mine it also overlooks town square. People that look the size of ants from this floor begin to open their stores, sweeping the fronts of their shops and waving to each other.

I close my eyes, allowing the morning breeze to hit my face.

Memories of the man I saw last night flash in my mind, making my eyes pop open again. My heart beat quickens thinking of his panicked face, the one that looked all too similar to Finn's.

I shake it out of my mind, trying to enjoy the beautiful sky before it's gone.

"Good morning." Kylo says behind me. I jump slightly, not hearing him come in.

I turn around so my back is leaning on the edge of the railing, crossing my legs at the ankles. "What time is it?" I yawn, eyeing the bag in his hand.

"0720" he answers, nodding for me to follow him. I eye his large body, noticing he's already completely dressed in his normal uniform, "how long have you been awake?"

"0618" He answers, "I overslept."

I laugh, but his face indicates he's no where near joking. He takes out a white container from the bag, setting it on the table in his second room. His suite is divided into two rooms connected by a bathroom as well, except the front room next to the door is more like a dining room with mini kitchen. He takes a seat at the head of the table, and I sit diagonal from him in the chair closest to him.