Pressure

28 days left

Poe Dameron's P.O.V

"It's hardly been two days and I already cannot take this," I whisper to BB-8, the early morning sun gleams down onto the two of us. It was my turn to take watch last night. It was something we established once we successfully stole the TIE fighter. BB-8 decided to keep me company halfway through the night. He gives a questioning beep, causing me to sigh. 

"The ship said four more days until it needs to go back buddy" I swing my head between my knees and rub the back of my neck, "four more days."

I turn to look at the little droid, "I know you miss her too, everyone does." 

He beeps sadly, turning his head to the ground. I pat him lightly in consolation. 

"Can you imagine what a fight she probably put up against them." I laugh while looking off into the white plains of Crait, "I bet you she insulted the hell out of Ren and Hugs."

BB-8 chirps.

"Hux, same thing. What is it with you guys and names recently." I say with a small chuckle. 

"I'm happy you snuck on board with us buddy. I don't know what we would have done without you."

28 days left

Mera's P.O.V

"In the instance that you lose your weapon and you have no time to summon it back, what do you do?" Kylo Ren asks, throwing my staff to the side. 

"Hand to hand combat" I answer, what I've learned so far today is that there is always something having to do with aggression in these questions. 

"Correct, and the most important thing to remember when it comes to that is monitoring your surroundings. What can you use to your advantage? Tell me about this room." He looks around the training area. 

"The elevated wood, getting the high ground is the best place to be." I'm unsure of my answer, but pray that it is correct. 

He glances over at what I was talking about, there are about five levels of elevated wood in the row of a stair case. Each is about five by five feet wide and five feet tall. 

"I didn't even think of" he mumbles. 

I feel a sense of pride in myself, coming up with a response he himself didn't even think of. 

"Don't get too cocky Mera." Ren turns to me.

I sigh out of frustration, "can we make a deal?" he nods his head slightly, "you stay out of my head and I'll stay out of yours."

"You never leave my thoughts. No matter how hard I try you're always there." He tosses me my staff again, standing in a fighting position. 

Before I have time to even process what was just said to me he charges, and so our battle begins yet again. 

This time I take into account the anger in me, and try using that like I was told. 

I picture waking up in the transport on crait and being alone on the cot. 

How could they have left me?

They forgot about me and threw me away, it's officially been nine days since everything happened and still nothing. 

All of my pleas for help were ignored. 

Instead of backing up every time Ren swings I move to the side, snaking around him and hitting the small of his back with the butt end of my weapon. He falls to his stomach, and as he does so I summon his staff with my free hand- spinning one in my left and pointing the end of the other at his chin as he turn onto his back to face me.