You're stubborn.

20 Days Left

Mera's P.O.V

"Mera" A soft voice whispers, I feel a small push on my shoulder. I groan in response, turning over on my opposite side.

The voice repeats my name and I shake my head while burying the front of my face in the pillow below me, begging for more sleep. "It's time for dinner, dear." They whisper in my ear. It takes a few moments for me to register the words. I sit up quickly, noticing I'm still in Kylo's bed. "Dinner?"

Ren is standing on the edge of the bed and motions for me to get up. He talks as we walk to the dining room, "You were in hyper-sleep for about nineteen hours, your body needed rest." He explains, his tone soft.

I sleepily sit down in my chair and Kylo takes his seat across from me, leaning on his elbows. "You read the book, correct?" He doesn't sound angry, just genuinely curious. I nod, the nervous feeling creeping in my stomach.

I think of something reasonable to explain why I did. "I'm sorry, you left it on the chair and I-"

"Don't apologize," He says as the droid places our dinner on the table. "I owe you my life, Mera."

The last sentence is quiet and he stares down at his food as he says it. I clear my throat and begin to pour dressing over my salad, cringing at the thought of the lettuce in the toilet yesterday.

A sudden realization hits me, the dress fitting. I go to voice my concerns but Kylo holds his hand up, "You are scheduled for rest today and tomorrow. They are working on your gowns with the measurements taken."

"Have you seen them?" I ask with a smile, pitching an effort to lighten the mood. He shakes his head, speaking with a full mouth. "I am not allowed to."

I tilt my head in confusion and he continues. "Have you ever heard the saying if the ring is too tight then it is not meant to be?" His knife cuts through the middle of a thick steak on his plate. I nod, staring directly at him. He looks almost taken aback by my gaze, his whole body shivering. "I am not allowed to see the dresses until the day-of. It's a superstition Nalda has."

I laugh at the thought of the Grand Admiral telling The Supreme Leader he isn't allowed to see the gowns. Kylo interrupts my thoughts, "I'm sure you will look beautiful."

Before I get the chance to return the complement he speaks again. "You are on bed rest all day tomorrow as well. Then you are scheduled for one more fitting the day after and we leave for cantonica the following morning." He explains, clearing his throat before continuing, "the door to your room is broken, you may stay in my bed again."

My cheeks feel hot and once again it seems like he reads my mind, although I know he isn't. "I will sleep in the study."

"Oh," I swallow, "alright. Thank you." I give a weak smile. He nods in acknowledgement to my words and the two of us continue eating. I glance up every now and then, certain times seeing Kylo is doing the same.

Nervously, I bite the inside of my cheek until I taste that irony substance on my tongue. "You don't have to sleep in the study." I say while sipping my water simultaneously.

Ren clears his throat, "would you prefer to sleep in the study?" His tone of voice indicates he is completely oblivious to what I just offered.

I count to fifteen in my head, the word "ten" has barely escaped my mind when his eyes go wide with realization. This time I beat him to talking, "only if you stay with me tomorrow."

"What?" His voice is low with confusion.

I shrug, collecting more salad on my fork. "You said I would be on bed rest and that sounds boring, so I would like for you to stay with me." The last sentence is a little quieter, a realization of what I am asking flooding over me. I open my mouth to take my request back but his response shocks me.