Chapter 8 ♥️

~Y/N POV~

It's been two days since I last seen anything of Jungkook. I haven't seen him walking the halls or outside in the garden, nothing. I haven't actually seen Sakura either come to think of it. Maybe they went away together, sometimes they do that.

I sigh thinking to myself about the fact Jungkook is married. I hate it, I hate seeing it, it's like a slap to the face every time I see them together. I just wish that was me sometimes and not her, I loved Jungkook since I was six, almost as far back as I can remember and she just comes in in a few years back and she gets to live out my dream, it just sucks. It could never happen though I don't think it ever could now since I'm convinced Jungkook lost his love for me, maybe he found someone else with on of the girls I know he sleeps with.

It breaks my heart to think that way but I do. I mean I work in his home as a maid, maybe I was just some sort of fantasy for him. A prince with a maid, something that is forbidden and rarely happens. That must be in, I was just a teenage dream to him and now that he's a man he's different.

I scoff to myself because of my thoughts. I shouldn't think about him but I cant help it.

I angrily pull off the bed sheets off one of the guest rooms with a loud grunt in frustration and throw it on the floor with a huff to then stamp my feet repeatedly on the floor. I just need to get him out my head. I stomped over to my basket by the door and picked it up and walked back to the covers and took out the fresh sheets and linens and then bent over to pick up the sheets from the floor and put them in the basket and then kicking it to the side to slide across the room from me. I felt a little impressed that I managed to do that without it falling.

So smiling to myself I went back to the fresh bed sheets and started to unfold them but stopped when someone opened the door without knocking making me freeze as it opens to reveal the person who themselves were smiling upon walking into the room and closing it behind him.

I bowed automatically and his smile dropped with a heavy sigh, sticking his hands into his pockets. I avoided his gaze while unfolding the huge sheet and shaking it out across the bed. Jungkook just stood there at the door watching me like he did the other day in the laundry room while I tried to ignore him but was sadly failing since this time it was hard to not look at him.

These past two days I missed him and it was hard to turn my back to him while I make the bed.

"Y/n, let me help you with that." Jungkook

The corner of the white sheet fell from my hands in shock. He called by my name, the first time in years since I've heard him call me by name and address me in that way. I heard him chuckle and walk up behind me gently taking one side of the sheet and moving with it to the opposite side of the bed where I can see him over the mattress, smiling at me.

I shook myself out my shocked state and picked the sheet back up and tucked on corner over the mattress soothing it out while Jungkook did the same on the other end.

"Your highness you really don't have to do this. I'm quite capable."

I told him but he ignored me releasing another loud long sigh and tucked his side of the sheet in and under the mattress to keep it in place.

"Y/n you don't have to call me that when it's just the two of us. You know that." Jungkook

And I did know that it's just weird to do that know considering things are now different between us.

"Yes, but it's inappropriate now. Even just for us to be alone together is just as much inappropriate."

Jungkook stood up straight taking the other side of the sheet and pulling it along to reach the second corner on his side as I did the same, pulling and stretching out the fabric to reach the full mattress size.

"Why is that now? Because I'm married is that it?" Jungkook

I nod shyly tucking the sheet under the forth corner and smoothing it out neatly.

"You know I don't love her Y/n. I never have and I never will so it shouldn't make any difference how we talk to one another. We can go back to just talking like the way we use to, you know when it's just the two of us we can be ourselves." Jungkook

I would love that more than anything but I don't think that would be a good idea. Sakura has already caused enough problems for me over the years, one time in particular I can never get over and still hurts to this day.

"We cant do that Jungkook. Sakura.."

Before I could do anything more Jungkook flashes me a glare and rushes over to my side of the bed forcing me to step back with how fast he came to my side. I almost stumbled over my own feet backing myself up against a wall.

"Sakura can't do shit to you. I wont let that happen believe me. Not again." Jungkook

He sadly says the last part stepping even closer to me as I'm not pressing myself up against the wall. What does he mean again? Does he know of Sakura hitting me over the years or.....?

"Please Y/n, I miss you. I miss being able to speak with you, to touch you, even just to see your smile. I miss you so much even if I've seen you just standing there in the same room as me, breathing the same air it's not the same. I promise Sakura will never lay a hand on you again, never." Jungkook

I stood in silence staring into his eyes at he stared back into mine with desperation and sincerity. I believe him, I know him that much but can he really be around all the time to stop his wifes jealousy? No he cant because he has duties of being a king to which she is not always required to be with him al the time. I can't take any chances like once before and that led to an.....incident that I would not like to have repeated.

"Your maje-

"Y/n, please for the love of god don't call me that. Not right now when it's just the two of us. It's been hard enough listening to you call me that over the years but now that we're alone.....please don't." Jungkook

He pleads with me and my heart starts to beat out of my chest. As much as I'd love to spend more time with him, I can't. What happened years ago scarred me. Unexpectedly he takes my hand in his, rubbing soothing circles with his thumb on the back of my hand.

"Please Y/n, I wont fail in protecting you again. Just allow me to stick around when you work and we can just talk and spend time with each other, that's all I ask." Jungkook

My eyes don't move from his and I sigh with a shaking breath.

"Jungkook, I-I..."

His eyes lit up with a smile spreading across his face because I called him by name, the first time in years. I couldn't find any words to say to him so without thinking straight I ripped my hand from his and quickly stepping around him and ran out the room as fast as I could away from the situation.

I ran because I'm scared. I still love him but what if things end up going back to the way they use to be? Then he changes again and ignores me. I couldn't take that all over again. Or what if Sakura finds out and next time manages to kill me?

Let's just say fate is not on my side. I hate this, why can't I just be with him peacefully?