Six

(Leona's dress)

Leona's POV

I smiled patting down the navy blue floral dress as I tied the white braided belt around my waist as the body hugged my curves nicely.
I curled my hair to perfection and added lip gloss and mascara along with some face powder that made my face glow a bit.
Not too much though to show that I put on makeup as I smiled my pearly straight white teeth twinkling in the mirror.
I braided my hair back in an Elsa French braid with afew curls descending my face.
I pulled on a pair of nude colored sandals to match before I heard voices downstairs.

I walked downstairs greeted by these unfamiliar looking people.
A man, a woman and who I instantly recognized as Marciano.

He stares at me for long before he looked behind me at my mother.

"This is her, my daughter Leona "  my father says in his usual thick Italian English accent.

" hello, please to meet you both Mr Vasilevosky and Mrs Vasilevosky " I said. Boy was that a mouth full?,yes it was.

"Oh please darling,we're practically family,no need for formalities" the Italian woman I noticed as Marciano's mother says and I nod.

Speaking of the devil,he won't stop staring at me.

I'm finally introduced to him as parents take the conversation to outside in the seats outside, there is a rose maze,literally a maze made of thorns and roses.

"So....." I said trying to start a conversation.

"In case you haven't noticed, I have no interest in you" he says making my heart pang in hurt of his words.

Then,why was he staring at me?

"So that means, after the marriage, I can continue with my life and we only show up together as during family gatherings. Do you understand?" He says angrily and I look to the floor.

Nice shoes......

"Yes,I....I understand"