One

Leona, age of 16

"Leona pudding, can you please come here" I heard papa say as I left my sketchpad on my bed along with my dark led pencil and followed my father out to his office where my mother was sitting with a kind smile she always had on her face.

"Leona, what we're about to tell you,you need to think like a very mature grown up person,alright?" Papa says making me nod.

He pulled out a manilla folder and I brush a strand of my silky curly locks away from my eyelash.

The contract below states an agreement of Mr Leonardo Kingstone and Mrs Devlin Kingstone of party A and Mr Vladimir. S. Vasilevosky and Mrs Zahara. S. Vasilevosky of party B agree to sign away our eldest great grandchildren away in an agreement of Holy Matrimony.

The only way to release the wealth and will of both parties is if they marry off their eldest great grandchildren of both parties.

We agree from party A and B with the following conditions.

Engagement of :

Leona Anastasia Kingstone

                  And

Marciano Scorpious Vasilevosky.

At the young age of 16 on their birthdays,are to be given the family crest that they will pass on to the next generation.

Signature of Leona Kingsman,

........................

**************************

At the age of 17, both parties are to meet for the first time.
Form a bond before they are not permitted to see other for the next one year.

Signature of Leona Kingstone,

.....................

***************************

At the age of 18, after graduation day, preparations on the wedding of the young couple is to begin, the night of their wedding, they are to leave for Italy in a private island owned by the Vasilevosky, as their honeymoon gift.

Signature of Leona Kingstone,

........................

**************************
Do you Leona. Anastasia. Kingstone agree to the terms and agreement of this arrangement.

I Leona Kingstone, eldest , great grandchild of Mr and Mrs Kingstone of party A, agree/ disagree to this contract.

.................

*please note if you refuse the contract, the state has every right to take away the wealth and riches of both parties and in order to fulfil your fair share, an heir must be born*

*if either parties cheat on the contract, the other family of party A or B has every right to take all the shares of wealth and will of both parties*

After reading the whole contract, I was shocked.
I looked up at my dad and then my mother as she gave me a sad smile.

"I........I don't know what to say" i said as I tucked my curly brown hair behind my ear.

"Honey, this contract as you've read was made by my parent's parents, your grandna and grandpapa. Its a contract stating that unless and until you get married,your share of wealth passed onto you from your grandparents will be in the hands of the law unless and until you fulfil these last wishes of your great grandparents" I scrunched my brows in confusion.

"I.....I don't understand papa, I can't get the shares unless I marry?I'm only 16" I said as I stared down at the floor.

I don't want to get married....AND TO A TOTAL STRANGER AT THAT!

I don't care about the wealth, I can make my own- earn my wealth, work hard for it.

"What are you not telling me?" I mean, there has to be something more.

"Our family is in debt to them. If we don't agree, your mother and I will both lose everything we've worked so hard for" dad says looking sad and I feel my heart shatter.

I can't do this to my parents!they worked so hard for what they had,and now it's gonna be taken away from them just because I was being bratty and I didn't wanna agree to marry this stranger.

I sighed. But what if I find the love of my life before I get married?
I guess I should just keep to myself and not get attached to any guy out there.

I nod in agreement.
"Ok, I'll do it"