vorfreude (13.)

vorfreude

(n.) the joyful, intense anticipation that comes from imagining future pleasures

I turn around and look at the confused boys. "Well, I better be going. See you at school."

I walk past them. I didn't bring any stuff because I keep it here. Can't have my father finding out.

~

I open the door silently. I hope father isn't here. "Ava! Come here you ungrateful child!" I look at the stairs. Can I make it if I run there? 

"Now bitch!"

I guess not. I walk to the living room. "There you are. Did that have to take so long?!" 

"No father." 

"Don't call me that slut!" 

"Sorry sir." I look down and fiddle with my clothes. 

"I'm going away for two months." 

I look up. "Really?" 

"Don't sound so hopeful ungrateful bitch. I'll be gone and you better be here when I get back or you'll wish you never killed my wife!" 

"I didn't kill her!" 

"Yes you did bitch!" He takes a big sip of his beer."Now shut the fuck up! I will be gone but that doesn't mean you can just tell people what is going on here, or that you can skip school." He stands up and points his finger at me. "I will find out. And if I do, I'll fucking kill you! You pathetic bitch! Do you understand?!" 

"Yes sir." I almost whisper. 

"Good." He sits back down. "Now, make me dinner."

~

After I made dinner for father I went upstairs and laid down in my bed.

I am happy father is leaving for two months. Two months!!

I just realized, I can stay with Tim and San! I have to text them about that.

Yes, I do have a phone. I can afford that with the money from my fights and my missions (I don't do a lot of those). The only reason that I'm still living here is because I am underage and because I want to safe as much money as I possibly can.

I can actually afford the rent of a much bigger and better house, but that'll mean that I don't have as much money for the future. I swear, the minute I turn 18 I'm gone.

~

I'm in my history class right now. Me and history class have a love-hate relationship. I love learning about the past, but the tests are fucking hard.

I texted Tim about staying with them and he was immediately very happy about it. Mostly because I will stay with them, but also because father will be gone and therefore can't hurt me.

BOOM

The door opens. In walk Hunter, Jason and Elijah. Of-fucking-course. I pull on my hood a little to hide my face more and look at my notebook.