quean (5.)

quean

(n.) a woman of bad character

I wake up to feel my body in so much pain. I even think he almost broke some of my ribs. He never went this far before. I try to stand up and look outside. It's still dark so that probably means my dad is asleep. At least I hope so. I wince with every step as I walk to the medicine cabinet and take three painkillers. I walk upstairs and it feels like my body is burning.

I walk to my room to get my pajamas and then walk to the bathroom. I take of my clothes and look at myself in the mirror. I let out a small gasp and look at my bruised body. He really went all-out this time. 

I can't look anymore and I turn the shower on. I step under the warm water and wince. I take my time to let my body adjust to the pressure and relax. I feel like want to cry my eyes out but I refuse to shed a tear over that bastard that calls himself my dad.

I turn off the shower and grab a towel. I try my best to be very gentle because of all my bruises. Lucky for me, the painkillers started to work so I'm in less pain then before. After I'm done drying myself I put on my pajamas and lay in my bed. I fall asleep almost as soon as my head touches my pillow.

*Beep...Beep...Beep...*

I wince as I wake up to my sore body and my annoying alarm clock. I start to take of my blanket and try to stand next to my bed. I almost fall to the floor but I manage to keep myself straight. It feels like my body hurts more then it did yesterday.

I start to put on one of my black tank tops and my jeans. I then put on a hoodie over my top and head downstairs. I notice my Dad is not around, lucky me I guess.

I grab a water bottle, an apple and my bag and head outside. I lock the door and stark to walk to school. Well.. more like limp. I grab the painkiller package, only to find out that there's just one left. I groan, just my luck.

~

I sit down at my table at lunch, play some music through my headphones and think about the essay for English. I take my notes out of my bag and start to work them out. As my mind keeps wandering about certain bad boys I hear the doors of the cafeteria open and I don't even have to look that way to know that Hunter, Elijah and Jason just walked through the doors. I keep my head down, looking at my notes.

I hear footsteps coming closer and I look up. Only to see the three boys walk in my direction. I look at them, what the fuck are they doing?, as do the rest op the students in the cafeteria, as they sit down and start taking out their lunches.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask.

"We just thought we all could work on the essay a little more because the sooner it is over, the sooner we can never talk again." Jason says.

"Uhm, sure I guess.."

The boys and I started working on the essay. Many students where gaping at us but that problem was fixed with a simple glare of one of the boys.

After lunch I said goodbye to the boys, who where starting to warm up to me. To be honest, they where really nice guys underneath all that hard exterior. But I can't let hem get too close. I walked down to my next class as I suddenly see someone standing in front of me.

A certain barbie with her two lap dogs called Elisabeth Lodge, Pricilla Read and Bella Johnson are standing in front of me.

"I don't know who the fuck you are but stay the hell away from my man!" I look at her weirdly.

"I've literally been in the same Literature class as you for over 3 years."

"I don't give a fuck. You just need to stay away from my man."

"Who would even want to be your man?" 

I hear some people 'oooh' around me. I look down.

Act shy, act shy, act shy. Why'd I do that. That was really stupid of me.

She tries her best glare on me but it doesn't scare me. But I think I should play along either way, I am already starting to drop the act of the shy nerd, which is not so smart, and it maybe wasn't such a good idea of me to talk back to her.

"My man is Hunter Black and you need to back the fuck off nerdy." She says and she slaps my face. People where already looking, but now, more people have come to watch the show. I force my head to go side ways but if I'm honest I didn't even feel the slap. This girl really has no muscle at all. I am clenching my fists to stop myself from jumping her. She goes to punch me in my gut. Obviously my bruises from last night are still there so I fall on the ground. That hurts like hell. Fuck.

"I hope that'll make you learn not to mess with my man again. Bitch." she says as she walks away with her two 'friends'. I hear the bell ring and everyone starts to walk to their classroom.

I try to get up but my body is way to sore to move.

HUNTERS POV

At lunch, me and my boys sat with Ava. She acts really shy but I think it's an act. She sometimes has some really snarky comments that are really funny. But then, it's like she realises what she just did and gets all shy again. She is a puzzle I can't wait to solve.

What?! Why am I thinking like that? I don't care for strangers. Especially not for her. I am Poison, I am ruthless, I don't care for just anything and anybody. And, most importantly, I don't do feelings.

After lunch, me and the guys walk to our next lesson. A bit earlier than normally but who cares.

"I don't give a fuck. You just need to stay away from my man." We hear. I'd recognise her voice from thousands. Elizabeth's at it again. She tends to hurt the girls I've slept with. She always says we're dating. Which we are NOT. Never in a million fucking years.

It is coming from the middle of the crowd. We walk to the center of the crowd and see Elizabeth and... Ava?!

"Who would even want to be your man?" the crowd 'ooohs' and I'll admit, that was a good one. I smirk. She quickly looks down, as if she just made a mistake. Elizabeth glares at Ava.

"My man is Hunter Black and you need to back the fuck off nerdy." Elizabeth says and she slaps Ava. I normally quite enjoy watching cat fights but something turns in me when I see her head going sideways. She is clenching her fists, as if trying to hold herself back. I notice I am doing the exact same thing.

Elizabeth punches Ava in her gut and Ava falls on the ground. My fists clench even more, if that is possible. What is happening to me?

"I hope that'll make you learn not to mess with my man again. Bitch." Elizabeth says and she walks away with her friends.

The bell rings and everyone starts to walk to class. Except one tiny figure on the ground. I pretend to listen to Jason and Elijah but instead I focus my eyes on her. She mutters something and with my amazing lip-read skills I can see what she says.

"Damn, he really did a number on me. Fuck Elizabeth for making it worse."

Who did a number on her? What did Elizabeth worsen? I had so many questions running through my head. I should stop worrying about random people.

She is not just a random person. There is more to her. I'm sure of it.