mamihlapinatapai (38.)

mamihlapinatapai

(n.) a look shared by two people, each wishing the other would initiate something they both desire but which neither wants to begin

I really want to kiss her. Does she want to kiss me? Am I overthinking this?

Yes.

What if she doesn't want to kiss me and she's gonna punch me or something. She's Storm, she can take down guys who are twice her size.

AVAS POV

Kiss him.

I can't. I have to-

Kiss him!!

But I-

KISS HIM!

I grab the collar of his shirt and pull him towards me, pressing my lips against his. A warmth I've never felt before washes over me.

His hands land on my waist and lightly squeeze and a small sound escapes my throat. I let go of his shirt and put my arms over his shoulders and weave my hands through the hair on the back of his neck, lightly pressing him harder against me.

He groans when I pull his hair a bit and I think it's the hottest sound I've ever heard.

Unfortunately, humans need air to live so after a while I have to pull back. He places his forehead on mine while we share laboured breaths.

I open my eyes to look at his. They are already open and looking into mine. We just stay like that for a while. No thoughts. Just, peace.

I've never felt this peaceful. And it's fucking scary and so nice at the same time.

HUNTERS POV

Nothing. My whole brain was on lockdown and could only think about one thing: her. Her lips on mine and her small hands in my hair, holding it like it's her only life-line.

She pulls away and I place my forehead on hers. I look at her closed eyes, waiting to see that special blue color that became my favorite one a little while ago.

She opens her eyes and looks into my green ones. I see the look in her eyes slowly open up, almost softening as time goes by.

Without speaking a word she's opening up to me and I feel like the luckiest guy in the world.

AVAS POV

I haven't slept this nice in a while. I'm not saying it's because of Hunter but I'm also not denying it.

I stretch my limbs and yawn. What time is it? I grab my phone to look at my lockscreen. 6:53am. Breakfast is at 7:30 I think so that gives me a little time to just lay in bed and do nothing. Nice.

I grab my phone and google the hotel we're staying in. Let's see what I can come up with.

~

Five bad reviews and a few chuckles later, Hunter wakes up. When we went to sleep after the kiss he was very cool about the nightlight being on.

Talking about the kiss, I don't know what to think of it. There obviously were a lot of unspoken feelings involved. Feelings that won't be spoken about if I can help it. Because 1, I don't know how to talk about my feelings, like, at all. And 2, I can't let him, or anyone else for that matter, in. I know Hunter and I could be way more than we are now but that would only get us both hurt. I know it will and I really, really don't want to hurt him.