cwtch (11.)

cwtch

(n.) more than a cuddle or hug; when you give someone a cwtch, you figuratively give them a 'safe space'

/This is still the flashback\

I wake up in a cold room. I can't see how big the room is because it is pitch black in here. I try to touch the back of my head but chains are restraining me from doing so.

That motherfucker locked me up in here.

"Hey, big bad pussy! Where are you hiding?!" I yell into the darkness. I am so furious at him. How can he just pretend for so long. I bet he never even remotely liked me. Is his real name even Wyatt?

Suddenly I hear a door creaking and a light behind the door gives me the ability  to look at my surroundings. I am sitting on a concrete floor, my hands tied behind my back. There is water leaking from the ceiling and I swear I just saw a rat run away.

A shadow suddenly blocks the light. "Ah, finally, you are awake." I recognize that voice.

"Where am I Wyatt?" I snarl at him.

"A place where no one will ever find you Doll. Don't worry, you're safe here."

"Oh, safe? Yeah right. Safe from you?"

"Don't be so ungrateful Doll." I snort. "We just want to ask some questions."

"Oh, I'm sure you do. Well me too. What is you real name? For the second time- Where the fuck am I? And did you ever even like me?"

I know I should be heart broken, sobbing my eyes out maybe, but I cant help but feel anger, nothing but anger.

"No, Doll. That's not how it works here. We ask the questions, not you."

*Flashback over*

I won't go into detail about the things he and his members did to me, but those are the things that haunt my nightmares. Every. Single. Night.

I never gave anything away and after two months I managed to escape. I ran to the first petrol station I could find. The place where they held me was sort of in the middle of nowhere so it took me quite some time. When I was there, I lend a phone from the cashier and called Tim. I had, and will always have, his phone number imprinted in my mind. I was out of breath and sore and might I add, covered in my own blood.

Now that I think of it, the cashier must be crazy to have given me his phone. Then again, he probably thought I was going to murder him if he didn't.

Anyway, he answered, very cautiously, and let Velez trace the number. He came after about half an hour. He must have broken a ton of speed limits to get there because the way back took a lot longer. Than again, I wouldn't know because I passed out from blood loss after an hour.

Two days later I woke up.

*Flashback*

Tim is asleep by my side, his hand holding mine and his head on the bed. Santiago is pacing across the room and two of the the chairs in the room are occupied by Xavier and Dylan. Where am I? How did I get here? Then it comes back to me, all at once. The questioning, the whips, the kicking, the slapping, the pulling, the raping.

I let out a big sob. Tim wakes up, startled. Santiago, Xavier and Dylan look my way.

I can't do anything but cry. I let out all the pain. I can't stop crying, not even the soothing words or hugs from Tim, Santiago, Dylan and Xavier can help me.

*Flashback over*

I cried for about two hour and haven't cried since. My birthday was within the two months I was their captive. Great birthday present, I know. I felt so weak in that moment. I will never allow myself to be that weak again.

From that moment on, I trained like my life depended on it. I started underground fighting and I was (and still am) undefeated.

At one point, we caught Wyatt and made sure he would be in prison for a long time. But it looks like he got out early.

That fucking son of a-

"Ms. García, the lesson ended already." Mr. Summers looks at me with a funny look.

"I'll get out of your hair now." I answer. The whole deal with Wyatt being back makes me not care about my nerd demeanor anymore, it's not my biggest worry anymore.

I grab my bag, take a look at the clock and walk out of the classroom. My dad won't be home for a while. He send me a text earlier today. I am going home, change, run for awhile and then go to the gym.

~

I am done running and currently waking to the gym. I hope Tim is in, I haven't seen him in a while.

I walk into the gym and am immediately surrounded by two arms. My instincts kick in and the person who surprised me lies on the ground in two seconds with me on top of them.

I look at the face and start laughing.

"Fuck, I forgot that I shouldn't surprise you." I get up and hold my hand out for him to grab. He takes it and I hug him.

"I'm sorry babe." We separate.

"No worries baby girl. I haven't seen you in forever! How are you?" I chuckle.

"I'm fine. How are you?"

"I'm great baby girl. You sure you are though? I heard about Wyatt."

"Why do you think I am here?"

"Oh baby." He hugs me again.

"Need a sparring partner?"

"Yes please."

We walk towards the fighting ring in the middle of the gym and position ourselves in front of each other.

"You ready princes?"

"Born ready babe."

"You're going down baby girl."

"You wish you were that good."

We start to circle each other and I look for weak spots. I know his by heart though. He is weaker with his left arm and he has a bruise on his hip from an earlier fight.

I wait for him to make the first move. He fakes a left and his right fist comes flying at my face. I dive under his fist, grab it with my right hand and bend his arm behind his back.

"Ready to give up yet?"

"Never." He somehow escapes my hold and flips me on my back.

"Gotcha!" He straddles me and keeps my hands in a tight grip above my head. He leans in and whispers in my ear: "Ready to give up yet?"

"You can't just steal my words!"

I flip us over and now I am on top of him.

"Oh, so you're a top huh?" he playfully teases me.

"Oh, shut your mouth. Y-"

I hear three pairs of footsteps entering the gym. I look up. Happy with the distraction, Tim maneges to flip us over again.

"Ava, you let him get you like that?" Tim perks his head up.

"Hey guys."

He lets me go and holds a hand out for me to take.

"What are you doing here?"