lyssophobia (36.)

lyssophobia

(n.) fear of going insane or mad

Hunter and I walk to the elevator and step in. Neither of us have a lot of stuff with us so that's a good thing I guess.

This is so awkward. Why?

The elevator opens and I quickly make my way to my- our room. I have to share a room with Hunter.

I open the door with the key and walk into a pretty nice room, at least they have a good interior designer. The room has two beds, that's great. The two beds are on your right when you walk in and there are two doors on the left wall. Closet and bathroom probably. I walk towards both and open them one by one. Yup, bathroom and closet. I throw my bag in there and don't bother unpacking before flopping onto my bed and watching Hunter while he to dumps his bag in the closet before checking out the bathroom.

"This is nice, bath and shower." He mumbles to himself.

I grab my phone and decide to call Tim. I promised to call him after I landed but it slipped my mind.

HUNTERS POV

I lay down in bed when Ava starts to call someone. I pretend to be busy with my phone while listening to her. I know that's not 'nice' but no one ever said I am.

"Hey San. What are you doing with Tim's phone?"

Wasn't San that guy she called when that dude showed up at school?

"Oh, you stole his phone because he wouldn't watch Lily for you, okay. And where are you now?"

She's quiet for a while before she breaks out in a grin. "You're on a plane? With Tims phone?"

The deep voice on the other side of the phone says something and she laughs. "I think not even a day before he finds out." She listens to the voice again before laughing. "No, I'm not overestimating him. I bet you 100 dollars."

100 dollars for a little bet? Damn.

"Yeah, I'll see ya. Love you too."

Love you too? Her words ring around in my head.

Are you jealous?

What? No.

I look at the time. We should make our way downstairs, dinner's about to start.

AVAS POV

The dinner was so good. You could choose almost anything from a menu and the desserts.. holy shit.

I think I ate way too much. But I know I'm not the only one.

Hunter is taking a shower while I'm waiting for my turn on my bed. This day really tired me out. I better not get any nightmares tonight, I need my sleep more than ever.

~

That was a great nap. Would Hunter be done showering yet? I strain my ears. I don't hear the sound of a shower anymore, so I guess he's done.

I blink my eyes a few times. Are my eyes open? Why isn't there a light on? I try to reach for the nightlight on the nightstand in between both of our beds. I hate the dark. It reminds me of that place.

I hear the sound of chains when I try to move my hands.

This can't be happening right now. No way. I'm not back there. This is just a prank or something. I just have to stay calm and wait for someone to come get me. I'll know who did this then.

Calm thoughts. Calm thoughts.

Nothing's gonna happen. I'm gonna be okay.

As okay as one can be while chained up.

Oh, I just love my sarcastic mind.

Love you too.

I hear footsteps approach the room and I look up. The door opens and the strip of light that appears grows bigger. I blink a few times because my eyes grew used to the darkness and look around me. They took me to a whole other place. Where am I? The person that just walked in closes the door behind them and turns the lights on.

"Hunter! Please take me out of these chains! I don't know who did this but please help me."

He takes a few steps closer. "I know who did it."

"Well, who?"

"I did it."

Wh- Why did he-

"A nice guy approached me with a lot of cash and gave me orders to do this. I normally don't take orders that easily. But, it was a lot of cash."

I clench my teeth to keep my mouth from falling open. "So you put me in chains and in this- What is this place?"

"You don't remember this place? I thought it'd be harder to forget a place like this."

No.

Please don't tell me he took me to-

"I can see the question in your eyes and yes, I took you back to that place." He chuckles. "Did you really think you wouldn't ever be back?"

"Well I didn't think you'd be the one to get me back here." I snarl at him. That motherf-

"Good, you weren't supposed to. You know how hard it was to try and suck up to you. Yuck." He shudders.

"I knew there was a reason I don't trust anyone."

Someone clicks their tongue. "Always with the trust issues."

I turn my head. How did I not notice him sitting there? Wyatt is sitting in the corner of this cell.

"Look at you, all smug and shit. You really think you did something huh?"

His face turns angry at my comment. "I don't think I did, I know I did. Don't forget who's chained up at the moment." He gives me a creepy grin. "So, how've you been, Doll?"