xenization (25.)

xenization

(n.) the act of existing as a stranger

My alarm lets me know that I should get up and get dressed but the dream I had is still lingering in my head. I shake it off and get up to get dressed.

While I get dressed I think of today. Reagan is going to distract the secretary and I will look into her computer for Ava's address. It has to be somewhere.

We decided to do it during lunch. If we're lucky the secretary's gone and there will be no one in the hallway either way.

I grab my fully charged phone and a black zip up hoodie that will serve as my jacket today. I walk downstairs after grabbing my bag. I kiss my mom on her cheek and thank her for the sandwich she made me. I take a bite while walking to the front door and yell a couple of words that slightly sound like a goodbye to my mom.

I almost decide to ride my motorcycle but it rained yesterday and the roads are still a bit slippery. I'd rather not fall.

So, I step into my car and start to drive. Highway To Hell by AC/DC playing from my phone.

~

I step out of my car after parking it and lock it before walking away.

"Hey man! Where've you been these past 5 minutes?" Jason grins while asking me. 

"What?" I look at Jason who's suddenly next to me before turning my head and seeing Elijah on my other side. 

"Oh, nothing. Just thinking 'bout some stuff." I rub the back of my neck.

We walk towards the school. I don't pay attention when Jason tells Elijah and I about some supposed new girl.

REAGANS POV

I probably look like I'm trying to crawl into my locker by the way I'm standing but I don't really care. My bullies just walked into the hallway. They started bullying me when I started to hang out with Ava and the guys.

I don't blame Ava, Elijah, Jason or Hunter in any way. They're just little jealous pests who can't stand the fact that the three 'coolest' guys in school hang out with me and Ava and not with them. Doesn't help that they're white and I'm, well, not.

And yes, 'coolest' is a word.

I let out a heavy breath, not realising that I've been holding in my breath since I saw them.

I feel a hand grope my ass. I turn around so quickly that I almost get a whiplash. 

"What the hell? Who are you to think you can just touch me like that?"

Being friends with Ava and the guys made me a lot more confident. I would've never said that if I didn't meet them.

"With a dress like that?" 

There's nothing wrong with my dress. Right? I thought I looked cute. 

"You were just asking for me to touch that sweet ass of yours little ni-"

A fist hits him in the face, instantly making a bruise form on his face. I am shook to the core. 

"Why the fuck did you do that you bitch?" The guy says with a painful face.

A feminine voice speaks up from next to me. "With a face like that? You were asking for it. Now get the fuck outta here before I do something I most definitely won't regret."