Forty One

Austin’s POV

I can’t believe she’s going home with me this Christmas!

Her parents are completely okay with me taking her back home. I’m surprised they support our relationship after what I did to her.

Every time I’m about to say ‘Remember when’ I’m reminded that she doesn't. It scares me to think that maybe she never will. And, that’s my fault.

Yes, it keeps me at night knowing Becky will never remember how we first met. Or how it was when we had our first kiss.

I just hope I can make new memories with her this Christmas.

I wonder if she would want to see the guys.

What if Justin’s there?

Obviously, he lives there.

And what about Jimmy? 

Fuck…what if Camila shows up?

"Our flight leaves in a few hours, it's good we got here when we did." She says, I nod still lost in my thoughts.

"Are you having second thoughts? If you don't want me to come I can stay in the dorms." She offers. 

"Nonononono. It's not that. I want to come. I really do. Please, don't leave." I panic.

"Then, what's wrong?" She asks.

"I was just thinking." I say.

"About what?" She looks deeply in my eyes.

"About people from our past fucking up our Christmas." I say honestly. She looks alarmed.

"Like who?" She asks.

"Fucked up people. Reeeaallly fucked up people." I reply. She stays silent.

"There's this saying that says: 'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.'" She says wisely, "If they don't have good vibes, fuck em'." She waves it off.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

"Your right, B. Fuck em'." I smile at her. I intertwine our finger together and kiss the top of her hand. I rub my thumb on the top of where I kissed it. She smiles down at our hands.

Please God, let this be a good decision.

.......

Becky’s POV

I feel a huge relief once our plane touch soil.

We’re here!

As Austin and I get off the plane I rush to the baggage claim. I never been more excited in my life.

I can’t wait I can’t wait I can’t wait

"Slow down, speed racer." Austin catches up to me. I smile at him widely.

"We're going home!" I say excitedly. Austin smirks as he realizes what I've just said, "I-I mean you'rehome." I say.

"Wherever you are is my home, Becky." He says, I feel myself blush.

"I can't wait to see everybody, or meet everyone I guess." The word sound strange as they fall from my lips. Austin sees our bags and drags them behind us. I offered to carry mine, but he insisted.

"Austin!" A feminine voice calls.

 Austin instantly smiles when he sees who it is.

"Mom!" He shouts happily, I smile as Austin hugs his mom tightly. He whispers something in her ear quickly before he let's her go.

"Of course, I remember what you told me over the phone." She says to him and smiles at me. She unexpectedly pulls me into a hug, but being the physical type of person I am I don't act awkward instead I hug her back. It almost feels natural, as weird as it sounds.

"Its nice to se-meet you, Becky. I'm Austin's mother, but please call me Michele." She smiles, I hear Austin sigh loudly.

"It's nice to meet you, Michele." I smile back.

"Did Alex bring my Range Rover?" He asks her.

He has a Range Rover?

"Yeah, he's outside." Michele says.

"Autobots, roll out." Austin says imitating Optimus-Prime. I laugh at his weirdness, he smiles. 

(A/N: Idk about you guys but I can picture Austin saying something like that.)

Before Austin loads up his red Range Rover an boy with highlights in his hair steps out of it.

"Kept your baby safe and sound, just how you left it." The boy with highlights says as he hands Austin his keys.

"Thanks, Alex. Nice hair bro." He comments. Austin opens the trunk and starts storing our luggage. Alex looks at me out of the corner of his eye, he does a double take and his eyes widen.

"Becky! You're back! It's been forever!" He smiles, I look at Austin, but he's too busy with our bags, "Well don't just stand there give me a hug!" He opens his arms for an embrace and I wrap my arms around him. "Missed you so much, B." He says quietly.

"Woah, woah, woah." Austin says as he unwraps Alex's arms from me and puts some distance from us, "Don't take this the wrong way but Becky doesn't remember you." Austin explains.

"What?" Alex furrows his eyebrows.

"I don't remember anything a year prior to when I hit my head." I say.

"Wait. What happened?" Alex asks.

"I was in a fight with Becky's, now ex boyfriend Luke and when she tried to separate us, I pushed her down, and she slammed her head against the pavement. She didn't even know who I was when I saw her at the hospital." Austin says.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Looks like I'm going to have to reintroduce myself. I'm Alex. Austin's best friend." He holds out his hand for me to shake, instead I pull him in for a hug, and he smiles.

"Let's go see the guys." Austin says. Alex let me sit in front with persuasion from a stern look from Austin as he grabbed the doorhandle.

"So, where are we going?" I ask stupidly.

"My house." Austin says. 

"What about your mom, where'd she go?" I ask.

"She went back to work after I packed our luggage in the trunk." He says casually.

"Oh, okay." I shut up. Austin took my hand in his as he watched the road ahead of him. I stare at him. I must of stared too long because a smile found its way across his face.

"Let's turn on the radio." Alex says and reaches between Austin and I disrupting our moment.

Please God, let this break help me remember something, anything...everything.

._._._._._._._._._._._.

(A/N: Life rules:

-you are never as awkward as you think you are.

-you are never as annoying as you think you are.

-you are never as boring as you think you are.

-your compliments are never as creepy as you think they are.

-you are way more wanted than you give yourself credit for.

-chin up, dude.

……

Vote&Comment please!

I love you. K. Bye.

~Luz)