Chapter Thirty Nine

Austin’s POV

As I walked with Becky at my side, I started thinking about what Zayn had told me. Well, I started thinking again. Those thoughts kept me awake all night last night.

Should I ask her?

Why would she even hang out with her ex?

Why is that annoying fuck still trying to be around her?

"What are you thinking about?" She asks me. 

"Why were you hanging out with Luke yesterday?" I ask with no hesitation.

"H-How'd you know I was hanging out with Luke?" She asks. I scoff.

"It's not like I wanted to." She defends herself.

"Well, you obviously did the way you were hugging him." I deadpanned.

"I was hugging him, because we settled on being friends." She states.

What the hell?

"What?" 

"What do you mean 'What'?" She asks clearly offended.

"You're friends with your ex?" I ask, annoyed. She simply nods.

"I can't believe you." I say. She scowls at me.

"What, Austin? What did I do this time?" She asks in a sarcastic yet irritated tone.

"Why were you talking to your ex, huh?" I ask.

"Let me clear this us for you in case you missed it. Luke was he one who was talking to me. I tried walking away from the conversation but he was being stubborn. Then he forced me to talk to him." She explains.

"Well, how did you guys end up by the pond?" I ask her not letting her get off that easy.

"He literally threw me over his shoulder and carried me there. He asked me to his girlfriend again." She says.

My stomach drops.

Is she taking Luke back? Was she waiting for me to bring him up to tell me she wants him back?

She can’t be doing this. I’ve worked so hard for us.

"But, I told him that I was with you. I told him how much you mean to me, and he backed off." She finishes. The anger and hurt that was etched on my face has now vanished.

"You said that?" I ask.

“Of course I did, Austin." She says like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Why?" I push.

"Because..." She trails off. I almost feel frustrated. 

"Because why?" I ask her. I feel like I'm annoying her, but I have to know.

"I love you, Austin. That's why." She says. After she said those words I felt like my heart was going to burst out of my chest. I pressed my lips roughly against hers, it took her a second but she kissed me back with just as much force. I feel as high I would feel as if I took a drug for the first time. I feel like I'm walking on the clouds to never come back down. If I could stay in this moment forever I would. Unfortunately, my lungs needed air, I disconnected my lips from the heated kiss. I put my forehead to hers.

"Say it again." I command.

"I love you, Austin." She repeats. I can't fight the smile that comes across my face.

"I love you so much, B." I reply, "You don't know how long I've waited for someone like you." I say truthfully.

"Who's Camila?" She asks.

._._._._._._._._._._.

Becky's POV

"Who told you about her?" He asks.

"Luke did. When we were talking." I answer, "Who is she Austin?" I ask again.

"She was a girl that got between us when were together in America." The word 'America' sounds foreign coming from his lips. 

"Did you guys date?" I ask him.

"I only told we did, so I could make you jealous." He answers.

"Its funny you didn't mention her at all when you told me about what happened before the accident." I say coldly.

"Because I didn't want to lose you, again." He says, " Do you have any idea how much it hurt me when you got on that plane?" He asks. I'm about to say something, but he cuts me off.

"You left me when I begged you to stay. You didn't even look back. Do you how much that killed me? Do you have any idea? I would stay up til 3 in the morning waiting for you to call and tell me your coming back, but you never did. I stared at my phone waiting for a text that never came. Whenever someone would knock on my door I would literally run to it hoping, praying it would be you. I spent more time thinking of you than I did breathing. I missed so much and when I finally found you I didn't want to risk losing you. I never want to let you go because I know how it feels not to have someone you love next to you. Please, forgive me. I just didn't want you to leave me again." He pleads. He looks like he's on the verge of tears.

What have I done to this boy? Was he always this emotional? One second he was mad at me, the next he's kissing me and before you know it he's crying.

"I'm not going to leave you, Austin." I say, "I just don't want any more secrets between us. I don't care if you hurt me with the truth, but please just don't comfort me with a lie, okay?" I ask for reassurance.

"Okay, Becky. No more secrets." He promises.

._._._._._._._._.

(A/N:  What would your dream date?

I think my dream date would be a night under the stars like Austin did for Becky in the beginning. Because, idk its cute.

You're beautiful btw. I love you K. Bye.

~Luz)