Chapter Five

Becky's POV

“Dude.” I breathe, “You have a girlfriend.” I say while I button the top button of my jeans.

“And?” he says and tries to kiss me again. I turn my head.

“And you should think about what you are doing in bed with a girl that’s not her.” I explain.

“Thought about it.” He says and tries to grab my face and he slips his tongue in my mouth, I push him away. He groans.

“What? no. I’m leaving.” I say, he grips my forearm.

“What am I supposed to do about this?” He gestures to the straining bulge in his pants. I look away quickly.

“Why don’t you call up Brittany. She is your girlfriend.” I say trying not to look at him.

“What if I broke up with her?” he asks, I laugh.

“Why would you do that?” I ask

“So you could be with me without feeling guilty.” he explains.

He’s manipulating you Becky. You should’ve left when you got done talking about your life’s story. Just cut him loose now and you won’t get involved.

“No. Don’t break up with Britt. She maybe an airhead but she will probably be the best thing to happen to you. I don’t like you like that Austin. That kiss was a mistake that won’t happen again because, we will just be friends.” I say to him, he looks at me oddly.

“Are you playing hard to get or are you just stuck up?” he eyes me.

“Hard to what- no! God no! Austin I’m saying I don’t want to be involved with you like that.” I explain.

“Why? Was it something I said? Did I do something wrong?” he panics.

“Austin. Dude. Homie. Bro. Guy. Man. Friend. I’m running out of things to call you. You’re a great guy but, I’m not your type. At all.”

“Girl is my type.” He says while he grabs my hips.

“Then your not my type.” I pull his hand from my waist and I walk out the door.

“What is your type then?” I hear him yell but I act as I hadn’t heard him.

That’s it!

oh my god...That’s how he does it.... He figures how to get the girl by figuring out what type she likes. He plays the roles until the girl starts to hit on him. Which one did I choose? Was it the player? the jock? or was it the sweet one who sings and plays guitar? What if I fell for all of them? 

I figured it out. 

I figured him out. 

I got you, Mahone. 

There’s no referees in this game. 

Let’s play.

._._._._._._._._.

I go to school the next day and pretend to forget the yesterday even happened. I get to my first class and sit down in my seat. I ignore Austin’s and Justin’s stare throughout the entire hour. Well. Almost.

“What?” I snap at them, they quickly look away.

“I texted you like ten times last night. Why didn’t you answer?” Justin tries to talk to me.

“I was busy.” I say shortly.

“Busy doing what?” He asks. 

“It’s none of your business.” I look him in the eyes.