Chapter Fourteen

Austin’s POV

It’s lunch now and I’m sitting down with the crew. I play with the school food at the end of the of my fork.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY!” I hear Jimmy and Tia scream in unison. I look up and see that Jimmy has brought a huge bouquet of roses for her. Becky’s cheeks turn bright red when Jimmy hands her the roses.

“Aw. You guys remembered?” she asks them.

“Of course we did! Only an asshole wouldn’t remember your birthday.” Tia says, my heart feels like I’ve been stabbed.

“Oh! I almost forgot!” I hear Delissya say at our table, my attention turns to her.

(A/N:Delissya = Dee-lease-ee-la)

She pulls out a present and makes her way to Becky’s table. I see Becky squeal and thank her a million times when Delissya hands her the gift. 

She hasn’t even opened the goddamn present and she’s so grateful. 

Fuck you Becky for being so fucking cute, you grateful bitch.

HOW THE FUCK AM I GOING TO OVER HER? 

I slam my hands on the table in frustration and throw my tray across the room. Gazes linger as I exit and I know one of them belong to her.

Becky’s POV

Austin just flipped his shit and left the cafeteria.

“Do you think he’s okay?” I ask Delissya.

“Pshh. Yeah, Austin’s still a little upset about what happened a couple weeks ago. But, I’m sure he’ll be fine.” Delissya says, I sigh loudly.

“Aw, sweetie. It’s not your fault, he was the one who messed up your relationship.” she says. I stand up and follow after Austin.

“AUSTIN!”

“AUSTIN!”

“GODDAMIT MAHONE I’M TALKING TO YOU!” I shout, he whips his head around and he looks pissed.

“WHAT? WHAT DO YOU WANT BECKY? WHAT THE FUCK COULD YOU POSSIBLY WANT?” he screams.

“Would you calm your shit? I’m the one who’s supposed to mad! Youcheated on me remember?” I ask him, not breaking our eye contact. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.

“Okay. What do you want, Becky?” he ask with his arms crossed.

“I want us to be friends.” I tell him he looks at me like I grew a third eye.

“Friends?” he asks, I nod, “Why?” he asks.

“Austin. I don’t want to be stuck in this thing with you.” I say.

“What thing?”

“The thing where it’s all awkward between us. We were together for really short while, and it didn’t work out. That’s just the way it happened.” I say. He gulps, and he’s about to say something else but Jimmy comes running down the hall.

“Hey, What’s up?” I ask him while he walks up to me.

“Nothing, I just missed you.” He says sweetly and kisses me on my lips, I smile and look at my shoes.

“Can you cut that shit out around me?” Austin asks. I look at him.

“I’m sorry I like to kiss my girlfriend.” Jimmy says sarcastically, I exhale.