"Harper, why are we being shy?" I whisper in her ear. She leans up in my ear and not so quietly whispers, "He's cute." Harry and I both try to hold in our laughter but fail, causing her to turn pink in embarrassment.

"He is pretty cute, isn't he?" I wink at Harry, and he smirks back at me.

"Harper, remember your manners. Say hello," Kelly reprimands while walking up the front steps. Harper gives a small wave before offering a soft, "hi." Kelly sets down the bag she's carrying and wraps me in a tight hug, rocking us side to side.

"Oh Lil it's so good to see you," she pulls back and turns to Harry, immediately going for the hug and an introduction. Scott comes to me and wraps one arm around my shoulders in a sort of side hug. It's kind of hard to hug him back with Harper still latched to my front.

"She wouldn't stop talking about you the entire drive here," Scott tells me, rubbing Harper's back, "you were very excited to see your Auntie Lil, weren't you?" Harper nods her head against my shoulder.

I spot the occupied car seat sitting on the porch and walk over to it while Scott introduces himself to Harry. I set Harper down on the ground next to me so I can get a good look at Liam. He's fast asleep, drool dripping on his chin. I grab the end of the bib hanging around his neck to gently wipe it off. He's much chubbier than he was when he was brought home from the hospital seven months ago. And he looks just like Scott.

"Don't even think about waking him up," Kelly says from behind me, a stern look on her face. "How did you-? You know what, never mind... let's at least get everyone inside. I'm sure you're starving" I grab Liam's car seat and start for the front door.

While we eat lunch Kelly and Scott fill me in on anything I might need to know, setting ground rules. Well one rule, and that's not to mention the size of Lucia's stomach. She's very pregnant and she's very insecure about how large it looks on her small frame. She was always the petite model type, so I'm not surprised pregnancy is hard on her. After eating it's time for Harper's nap which she fights until Kelly tells her I would be taking a nap too. Once Kelly takes her upstairs I finally get to spend time with Liam.

He's at the perfect snuggly age, where he can just lay on your chest for hours. I'm glad they got here early so I have some time without sharing with my mom and Lucia. Harry and Scott immediately bond over music and soccer, leaving me out of the conversation. I let them ignore me and instead I fawn over Liam, propping him up on my legs. Making funny faces at him, he giggles and coos. We kept up that game for a while until his eyes started getting heavy. I set him in the pack and play just in time for two cars to come barreling down the road to the cabin.

Scott, Harry, and I all head outside to greet the rest of the family. When the door to Jared's car opens a black lab rushes to us, spinning circles between our legs. I give Fynn a good pet and his tail wags in response. He runs off to the next person and I start walking down the steps when I see Jared's head poke out.

"Go long!" He shouts, and immediately an object begins soaring through the air. Before I have time to think I immediately rush for it, catching a half empty water bottle in my hand. I turn to show Jared that I caught it and am instead met with his bulky shoulder ramming into my stomach.

"You guys are adults, stop with the horse play," my mom shouts to us, "Harry dear, I'm not even sure how you put up with that one." My mom wraps Harry in a hug, not even bothering to properly introduce herself.

Lucia waddles to Jared and I, and I reach over her extended belly to give her a hug. "You look stunning," I compliment, looking at her bump. Pregnant women always have a glow to them, it's amazing to me.

"Lily, so nice for you to come," Lucia tells me, her Spanish accent thick, "you look beautiful... muy pequeña." Her eyes glaze over me before she looks down disapprovingly at herself.

Before I have to do the whole reassuring thing that she's not fat, I hear the jingle of dog tags coming towards me. "Harry, this is the most important person you'll meet all trip. This is Scout. Scout, meet Harry," I gesture between the golden retriever and Harry. Scout is looking much older, gray fur around her eyes, but she still has the energy to get excited. Harry leans down and scratches her favorite spot behind her ears and she shamelessly licks his face in return.

I make sure to give Harry all the introductions before we head inside, where I help my mom get started on dinner. "Lily bug, you need to put some meat on your bones. Have you been eating? Harry, doesn't she look small to you? Make sure you're seeing her eat while she's away from us, will you?" My mom pesters. I roll my eyes, but don't engage. We've had many disagreements about how I should (or shouldn't) look.

Harry takes it in stride, offering a, "yes ma'am". The statement really covers all the bases, and my mom seems satisfied with it. 

Once food is on the table, the wine comes out too, and while the meal starts with nice questions such as "how is filming?" And "Harry, do you enjoy LA?", people are shouting over each other before we know it.

Once my mom yells at Jared and I for fighting about who broke our Xbox years ago, there's a lull in the conversation. "So Harry," my dad speaks up, "are you a football fan?"

"Yes sir, the Packers," Harry says respectfully. My dad fakes a sternness when he directs the next words to me, "Lilian Jean, it takes you twenty five years to bring anybody home, and you choose a PACKERS fan?"

"What's your team?" Harry asks challengingly. He's been good at sticking up for himself, and I like that. My dad looks defeated for only a moment but quickly recovers, "the Cardinals obviously."

"When was the last time the Cardinals won a super bowl?" We all very well know that the answer is never. Luckily for him, Harper saves my dad from admitting defeat, her small voice speaking up, "can I go play with the puppies?"

Kelly excuses her from the table, and she happily runs along with the two large dogs. As we settle back into the conversation, I notice two little eyes peeking around the corner at us. I hold Harper's stare for a moment, and Harry turns to see what I'm looking at. Once his eyes land on the little girl, she goes back to hiding behind the wall. She pokes her head out once more, and Harry waves to her. After the acknowledgment she runs away giggling.

"I think someone has a crush," Lucia says, her eyes darting between Harry and the vacant spot where Harper was just standing.

"Who wouldn't?" My mom states, looking to Harry, "except for all those tattoos. I could do without the tattoos," she says shamelessly.

"Mom!" I call out, completely embarrassed.

"What, bug? I'm just being honest," she states, clearly not seeing how what she said could be wrong. Harry doesn't seem offended though, in fact he laughs it off. This will either be the best or longest trip of my life. 

___________________

A/N: Okay WOW I went to bed the other night and woke up with like 700 more reads and it just keeps going up! Thank you!! I have so much fun writing this story that it makes me happy to see you guys enjoying it :)

I especially had fun writing this chapter :,) Harper is the sweetest isn't she? FUN FACT: The book that Lily is reading this chapter is the book Harry is reading on the cover!

^^^ me reading the comments you guys leave