Chapter Thirty One

It has been two weeks since the kissing scene between Sandra and her boss took place. She had to admit she really liked it but it wasn't really easy seeing the face of the man she wants to feast on everyday and trying not to be in an awkward situation when they are both in confined space. The dinner they had the following day after the kiss was in a Chinese restaurant right across the street of their work place. She didn't talk much during the dinner, He asked questions about business and what she loved doing in her free time. It was just a Friendly date like he assured her in the car, though she knew she wanted more than that, not to sound clingy or anything but she wanted that kiss to play out all over again.

They never brought up the issue; more like she was afraid that it didn't mean anything to him, it was just a random kiss to him and she probably sucked at kissing so he never wanted to bring it up. She sometimes cursed him in his head; 'do I really look like some kind of toy he thinks he can mess with? Urggh, if only I can get a chance to really show him my rot, I'd wipe that smirk he throws my way every now and then...gosh the way his sexy lips curves into a devilish smile most times, those lips are kinda droll-worthy and seductive. If only I can kiss my frustrations...'

She immediately shook her head trying to clear all the hot scenario already playing in her head. She adjusted her sitting position and tried to focus on work. Sometimes you just have to forget about toxic things and not let what people think bother you no matter how hard it is.

She can still remember the dramatic expressions that played out on Amy's face when she narrated all that took place two weeks ago, starting from the spilled coffee down to the last grin on Max face as he drove off. She could literally remember Amy with a pen and paper planning for the wedding and selecting colors for an imaginary bridal party. She silently laughed at her friend's dramatic nature and hopeful glint that sparked in her eyes.

Her smile was caught short by the intercom on her desk, she answered it immediately and her boss spoke in a hurry, "Sandra please I urgently need the file I gave you last week to sort out. I hope you are done with it?"

"Yes sir. I should bring it to you immediately?"

"Please do that right away." She quickly rushed.

She carried the arranged files on her desk and immediately went into his office. She stood silently while he went through them. "Thanks for doing this exactly the way I wanted it." A broad smile playing on his face, she returned the smile and was about to leave but he called her name. "Sandra, we have an urgent meeting, I'm sorry I'm just informing you now but it's very important and we leave first thing tomorrow."

"Where's the meeting taking place if I may ask sir" she tried to act calm, she can't imagine another trip with him not after what has been going on between them. She didn't really know what to say about it but there's always an awkward and uncomfortable silence whenever they were in the same room and she didn't think she can cope with any more of that.

"It's going to be at my home town. It's few miles away from here. Do well to pack your things because we might stay there for a while and please don't bother about the accommodation, my grandparents are very much alive and would be happy if we stay there. It's very spacious, you can stay in the guest room so you need not worry." She sighed in relief, at least they won't share a bed like the former trip although she was a little disappointed but at least she would have enough breathing space. He filled her in on what her job will be and the necessary papers to take along during the trip.

After they were done she checked the time and it was already late. "I can always drop you off if you don't mind." Flashbacks of what happened the last time played in her head and she immediately declined the request.

"No need to worry, I will catch up with the next bus." He looked disappointed but still managed to smile. He nodded at her when she bid him goodbye.

She went into her little office, packed the documents for tomorrow, her bag and hurried to catch the bus station.

_____________________________

She sipped her coffee while looking around to make sure that she was ready to go. She remembered her toothpaste and hurried to the bathroom to get it. When she returned she saw a text from her boss.

I will be there in five minutes.

He called earlier today to inform her that he will pick her up for the trip. She taught she had to meet with him at the office but was relieved after the call because she didn't have to start going all the way there.

Once it was 7:30am she heard him horning and she rolled her luggage to his car. He stepped out the car to help her with it. He dressed very casual with his dark jean and white T-shirt that hugged his body, he wore a jean jacket over it and damn did he look ravishing. She laughed at her taught, seems Amy was a bad influence on her. He opened the passenger door for her and she sat down.

He rounded the car and sat down in the driver's seat. "So how was your night?"

"It was ok sir, hope yours was peaceful." He nodded and smiled at her before starting the car. They sat in silence, the cool wind kissing her face, she loved the Serenity, before she knew it her eyes closed and she couldn't fight it any longer.

She woke up to the car halting. She looked sideways and saw Max smiling at her. 

'Can he look any less drool worthy' She sighed deeply and tried to stretch a little in the car. "Are we here already?" She stared at the building in front of them. It looked very nice and spacious too. It didn't look modernized but it sure pulled off the home sweet home appearance.

"Yes cupcake, welcome to my pops and Granny's home." She tried to hide her blush stain, he probably called her that without thinking. Just on cue she saw two happy couples coming down the staircase, as they drew nearer she saw their faces, the man who was of average height who had a bald head with a tint of grey on his hair seemed like his grandpa especially with the striking resemblance Before she could look at his grandma's face she engulfed her in a huge hug. It was so comfortable she felt she could literally remain in that position for a while.

She was released from her grip when Max coughed a little to get her attention. "No hugs for me mama?" She got a close view of her face, she had a couple of wrinkles on her face but she still looked beautiful and young for her age. Makes her wonder what she looked like during her youthful days.

His grandma laughed at his outburst and turned back to her "You must be my baby's girlfriend. I have heard a lot about you from his Mom, you look much more beautiful than the pictures I have seen. Welcome to my home sweetie." She saw Max turning a bright shade of red while she blushed a little and played with her fingers. She didn't know what to say. Seems everyone around her is shipping both of them especially Amy. She laughed a little when she remembered Amy giving her a pep talk yesterday on how to make him propose already. Seems she was high on something.

She turned to see his grandma hugging him too then out of the corners she heard her whispering to his ear "She looks so pretty, I must acknowledge your sense in picking her...so when I'm I expecting my grandbabies?"

Sandra eyes widened she couldn't believe what she just heard.
'well this is going to be one long week' she said to her self.

**********†††††********
Shoot me guys...I'm really sorry I haven't been consistent.

Sorry for any typo, I will edit it if you point any out.
Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Just click on the little star 🌟★ button below. Please leave a comment it inspires me to write more.