chapter Twenty Six

Sandra woke up immediately when she heard the banging 'who could that be at this ungodly hour of the day' she muttered to herself. She opened her eyes and closed it immediately because of bright sun shining into her room. She opened her eyes again trying to adjust to the brightness. She saw her phone on the bed close to her and she checked the time.
'Oh shit.' The time was 10 in the morning. She hardly ever slept this long.

She got up from the bed and went to the living room to open the door. She opened the door to an angry woman who was just about to hit her head thinking it was a door. "What have you been doing? I have been knocking for about two hours now." Sandra rolled her eyes at her friend knowing fully well that her friend was just exaggerating.

"Morning to you too Amy." Amy glared at her friend and entered the living room.

"Someone seems to have a visit from mother nature." Sandra said in a sing song tune teasing her friend.

Amy looked at her weirdly and smiled. "Oh someone seems Like having her turn to make me feel bad." Amy said smirking. "What took you so long to open the door?"

"I just woke up and am very tired." Sandra said closing the door and following Amy into the kitchen.

"Aww, someone seems to have had some action with her boss." Amy said preparing coffee. Sandra who was pissed off was about to talk when Amy said, "hurry up and get dressed while I make you breakfast we need to hurry up to the market to get the perfect clothes for the mother-in-law." Sandra left the kitchen with an angry look on her face, Amy could be frustrating sometimes.

When Sandra came back into the living room after she had taken a bath and brushed her teeth. Sandra saw Amy watching an episode of big bang theory while sipping coffee and eating pancakes. Sandra was happy that her friend prepared one of her favorite which was pancakes, it was times like this that she loved having a friend like her. "Would you stop drooling over the food and eat so that we can get going." Sandra rolled her eyes at her friend and sat down on the sofa Amy was sitting down on.

She smiled when she saw that her friend has already put her coffee into the mug. She began to sip it and eat the pancakes when Amy distracted her from taking the last bite from the pancake. "So how was the business meeting?"

"It was okay, we are now partners with the walkers. Do you remember James from the coffee shop?"

"Yes, why?"

"I saw him there, he is one of the sons of Mr Gabriel Walker."

"Wow that's nice. I remember that he used to ask you out but you would always say no to him whenever he asked."

"Yeah that's him. we were discussing and it was kind of fun talking to him again and also awkward but we didn't finish our conversation because my boss suddenly got angry and told me that we should leave."

"Wow. That's strange. Maybe someone made him angry or probably jealous." Amy said wriggling her eyebrows.

Sandra frowned at her. "The second reason is really stupid because I can't think of anything that will make him jealous."

"Maybe it's the fact that you were talking to James and knowing you I could tell that you were blushing while he was talking to you. I Think my choice of wardrobe is really paying off." Amy had a wide grin on her face.

"So how's Joshua?" Trying to get away from the awkward conversation.

"I know what you are doing but anyway, my boyfriend is good. He has been out of town and I really miss him a lot." There was this look in her friend's eyes while she was talking. She wished she could have that kind of relationship with a man who loves her very much just as Joshua loves Amy.

Sandra saw the topic saddened Amy so she decided to move away from it. "Okay, I am ready to go." Amy sighed and stood up with her bag. Sandra switched off the television and lights, collected her bag and keys. She locked the front door and they both went downstairs to Amy's car.

Amy stopped in front of a very expansive boutique and Sandra was about to complain when Amy shut her up. "Before you say anything, we are going to shop here and nothing you say is going to change that because you got to impress Max's parent or should I say 'the future in-laws.'" Sandra didn't find any need to say anything because from the tune in her friend's voice what she said was final but she did roll her eyes at Amy last words.

When they came out of the car, Sandra saw a woman in her fifties carrying lot of bags while stepping out of the boutique. The woman reminded her a lot about Abgail. Sandra decided to help her because the bags seemed pretty heavy for the woman to carry. Amy was locking the doors of her car when Sandra walked up to the woman. "Good day ma, please let me help you with those." The woman smiled at her and gave her some of the bags.

"If it isn't any trouble dear." Sandra returned the smile.

"No ma it's not. Where are you headed?" Sandra said while they walked through the parking lot.

"My car is just down there by the corner dear." When they reached the car Sandra was very surprised, the car was very...wow. She didn't exactly have the word to describe the car in front of her. The car was huge, sparkly, shinning, gorgeous, etc. A simple word she could use was expansive. The woman opened the bonnet of the car and Sandra put the bags inside while the woman went to the driver's side of the car.

When Sandra was done with putting it inside she went to inform her. The woman then held out an envelop. "Thank you so much for your help and sorry if this amount is too small but this is what remains from the shopping."

Sandra shook her head, she didn't expect this from the lady she was only trying to lend a hand. "Thank you for the offer but I can't accept this from you."

"Why is that dear?"

"I only wanted to help you I wasn't expecting any sort of reward so please take back the money."

"Oh dear, I never knew that people like you still existed, people that usually does things for me always expect something in return. You are so sweet dear but I would love for you to have this since you don't want to expect the money." The woman said while removing the very pretty bracelet on her hand. Sandra was about to reject it when she saw the hopeful look in her eyes.

"Since you insist I will only take this bracelet... Wow its really gorgeous." Sandra said examining the bracelet. "Thank you very much ma but I have to get going my friend must be looking for me now.

"Okay dear thanks for everything bye." Sandra waved the woman with a smile on her face and left.

***********††††††***********
Hello sweeties am back again. Hope you guys didn't miss me much but I did miss you guys a whole lot. Am very sorry for the delay I have a very important exam which am still writing but I felt guilty so I decided to update. Hope you guys are not mad and please don't give up on me.

*singing silently
Say something am not giving up on you....

My sweeties pardon me for any mistake I have made. Please continue to vote and comment.