Chapter Twenty Nine

I look at Amy with disbelief. Did she really have to act so childish always. How in the world would Max have proposed to her when they were not even dating or into any intimate relationship. She felt like giving Amy an earful but wasn't in the mood. She was really tired from going to Daniel's masion and just wanted to go to the bathroom and soak herself in warm soapy water in the bathtub.

"No Amy, he didn't." She said while rolling her eyes. "I will give you the details later on but right now I'm really tired and want to have a nice bath." Amy frowned because she wanted to hear all the juicy story but didn't say anything when she saw how weak her friend was.

"Alright then, I sure hope it is very juicy" She said with a wink and got up from the couch. "I have to get going now, it's pretty late and boo must be waiting for me." A huge smile was on her face when she said the last part.

Sandra chuckled and followed her to the door. They both hugged and Sandra locked the door after she watched her friend walk away happily. She just wished she would one day have a feeling of having someone wait up on her to get home.

She shook the taughts off. Now wasn't the time to feel all sad, she just need her bathtub right now.
She smiled as she headed to the bathroom because she loved the taught of feeling very relaxed.

---------------------------------------------

Sandra woke up feeling pretty tired. She guess the night rest didn't really work out because flashes of the dinner kept popping up. She got up from the bed and went to the bathroom to get ready for work.

When she was done she was feeling better but still a little tired, Went straight to the kitchen and prepared tea with pancakes. After she was done with breakfast she looked around the sitting room and decided to tidy up before getting ready for work...after ten minutes she was done. She hated her place to be unkept, even the tiniest piece of paper on the floor pisses her off. She went in to get dressed for work since today is Monday, when she was done dressing, she applied a little make up and smiled broadly with the thought of seeing Max after yesterday's night then she remembered the awkward moment during the dinner...that must be the most embarrassing moment she had experience and she didn't know how she was going to face Max today.

She looked at the clock at it was already 7:30 so she carried her bag, locked the door and went out to look for a cab. She reached the office after 15 minutes and when she got in the place was already arranged, probably Stella already came in to clean up the offices before anyone got to the office. She really admired the teenage girl's hardworking spirit, she was trying to survive in this world all alone without no one she could call her own, she lost both of her parents in a car accident and was working at the office as a cleaner to survive. Max was a good boss he paid her more than what most firms pay their workers and that made her to admire him the more.

Speaking of the devil, her boss just walked in , in his full man glory wearing a blue suit that hugged him n brought out the color of his eye. She was lost in thought when she heard him calling out her name "Good morning sir"

She saw Max smirk, she couldn't believe she zoned out on him "Please can I have a word with you in my office" She nodded because she didn't want to say something stupid. She walked behind him and was wondering what he wanted, probably wanted her to help him out with work. He led her to the couch and asked her if she wanted coffee, she nodded, at least that will help her to calm down.

He went to the coffee maker close to the couch n started mixing, "Milk?" He asked her.

"Yes, thank you" she said politely still wondering what he wanted to talk about.

After sometime he was done and handed it to her, she said a silent thank you while trying not to spill the coffee on herself. "I want to apologize about yesterday, don't mind my mum she was just pulling our legs and couldn't help when she saw a pretty girl like you with me at the dinner" Sandra couldn't help but look away, she was blushing really hard at the compliment and couldn't believe her boss thought of her as pretty. She forgot she was holding her coffee and it spilled on her shirt almost all of it. She cursed, she wasn't surprised she did something this stupid.

She got up immediately to leave after muttering sorry to Max so she could not ruin the couch but he held her hand immediately before she could leave n she was shocked at the spark.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

MAX'S POV

He held her hand immediately, he couldn't let her leave his office looking like that especially when you could basically see through the cloth and he couldn't believe his body was reacting to seeing her pink bra. he scolded himself to focus on making sure she doesn't leave in this state. He sat her down, took the napkin on the table and started wiping her neck and hand were you could see the signs of the coffee after that he went to the little wardrobe in his office to see if he could get a button up shirt that could at least suit her a little bit since he's larger than her.

He found a navy blue shirt and handed it over to her "Try this one on, at least it will serve you till when it's closing hours and I will drop you off" She nodded and shyly walked into his restroom to change. He smiled inwardly to himself. Not that he was selfish but he knew if it was someone else, they would send her home to change and probably return later but he couldn't see himself doing that, he wanted to have the pleasure of dropping her off.

He hated to admit it but he was getting more attracted to her as days go by and he keeps on seeing her already. He had to admit that he was kind of stalking her, he usually sees her whenever she picks up her novels to read whenever she's less busy, how she focuses on each line and smile most times probably something funny. Her smile was very beautiful with her full set of white teeth. He was still in his thought when she walked out of the restroom and he must admit that she was very beautiful though the shirt looks big on her, she tucked it inside her black skirt and she looked so cute in his shirt especially with how nervous she looked.

"Do I look ok?" she asked nervously.

"you look perfect" He said with a broad smile on his face.

***********†††††††***********
Sorry for a very very late update...I have been very lazy lately coupled with school. I will try to make it up to you guys by trying to update frequently.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter though it was pretty short.

Don't forget to vote n comment. Corrections are always welcome.