Chapter Thirty

Sandra felt really uncomfortable under his gaze. The way he took her in from her head down to her long legs. She had to admit she was glad she was making an impact on him but at the same time she felt the floor should just open up and swallow her, she couldn't Believe she was so clumsy...well she wasn't really that surprised but did it really have to happen to her right in front of him. She mentally face palmed herself and didn't notice that Mr Daniels moving and was standing right in front of her.

She tried as much as possible to hid her blush but she was very sure that it was still evident on her cheeks and it must be a very dark shade of red. He held her hands causing her to look up at his amazing sparkling blue eyes, she couldn't believe that just someone eyes could be so deep and sparkling at the same time. He cleared his throat and she had to look at his lips while he talked "Miss Sandra there's no need to be ashamed of yourself, that would have happened to anyone and my shirt suits you so perfectly and I have to admit I prefer you in my clothings." Smirking as he said the last phrase.

Sandra tried to swallow the lump in her throat, she had no idea what to say to that. Especially with their lips just some inches apart. He moved a little bit closer with his breath fanning her face. She swore he could hear her heart beating so fast, she felt it was going to come out of her chest anytime. He was still holding her hands and she could feel sweat beginning to form on it.

He leaned towards her and just when there lips was about to meet "Am I interrupting something?" Max cursed while Sandra looked over his shoulder and saw Mrs Abgail. She immediately removed her hands from his hold, still nervous she let out the breath she didn't know she was holding.

She ran to Mrs Abgail and gave her a big hug. She was grateful she was saved from that situation where she felt she was getting an anxiety attack but at the same time she was kinda disappointed that nothing happened because she wanted to feel his lips all over her. She immediately removed the thought from her head and smiled broadly at Abgail.

"It's been so long Hun, how have you been? I'm sure Mr Daniels has been treating you well." She wiggled her eyebrows at her. Sandra felt uncomfortable she guessed Abgail noticed it too and whispered that she will meet her in her office.

As though she was been chased, she dashed out from his office and released the breathe she was holding. She felt a sweat dripping down her face. She quickly went to her office and checked if the air conditioner was turned on before she unbutton the top part of her shirt. She sighed in relief when she wasn't feeling sweaty anymore and was lost in thought. 'oh, how can someone's eyes feel like they can penetrate through your soul and his coffee breathe was so...'

She was caught off by Mrs Abgail's knock, she stepped in with a teasing smile on her face. "Sandra dear, how are you doing and I hope I didn't distract something earlier"

There was a stain of blush on her cheeks. She shook her head because she didn't want to embarrass herself by saying something stupid.

"No need to be ashamed Hun. I know your boss is a hotty" she said the last part with a smirk. "Sophie told me how the dinner went and she spoke so highly of you. The way I saw Max looking at you I won't be surprised when I see little Max and Sandra running around Sophie and Joseph's house" Abgail burst into laughter at Sandra shocked face.

She taught Max's mother and Amy were the worst but clearly Sophie's best friend, Abgail was way worst in trying to get them together. "Mrs Abgail it's really not what you think."

"If that's what you say then there's no need in getting the truth out of you because you are clearly drooling all over your boss" she winked. "Well I have to get going, I just wanted to drop by and say hi. My husband and I are headed for a date in town. He seems really happy these days after I quit my job. We are always together and that always reminds me of when we were newly a couple. I miss those days when I felt nothing could tear us apart but now with his illness...I really don't know anymore. I will just make the most of the remaining time left." Sandra could see some tears clouding her eyes. She handed her the tissue paper on her desk and stood up to give her a warm hug.

The SecretaryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara