Chapter Twenty Four

I was so shocked when my boss asked me to follow him to the elevator, he seemed very angry. I asked him if everything was okay and he said yes. I wanted to ask him if I offended him in any way but just then he picked up his phone. He looked happy while he was talking on the phone. She wondered if it was his girlfriend but she felt relieved when he mentioned mom meaning he was talking to his mom. She didn't know why him talking to any girl made her feel unease.

She wondered if he had any girl in his life. She was in deep thought that she didn't know when he finished making his phone call. "Miss David will you be free on Sunday evening?" She was startled but after she recovered she nodded. "My mom insist that I bring you to dinner on Sunday so...how do you feel about coming to dinner with me on Sunday night?"

Sandra halted and looked at her boss in a weird way. " If you have other plans there is no need for you to come if you don't want to." He said with a nervous smile.
"Umm... Sir, am not busy on Sunday and if your mother insist I will come then it will be rude to decline the offer." Sandra said after thinking about it. Max sighed happily. She guessed his mom would bother him if she doesn't come.

They walked in silence till they reached their room. "We will take the next flight to New York. So you need to pack your bags." Max said glancing at his phone and probably booking the flight. She started packing her bag when her stomach grumbled loudly and she hoped that her boss didn't hear it but her prayer were not answered when he said "Miss David am very sorry I forgot my manners, we should head out to eat as soon as we finish packing." Sandra just nodded because she was still embraced.

After Max was done packing his, he asked Sandra if she was ready to go and she nodded. They both headed to a restaurant nearby where they both sat down close to the window were you could see a good view of the city. After a while a waiter came to take their orders. "Good day, my name is Charles and I will be your waiter for today, so what would you like to eat?" They both looked at the menu the waiter handed out to them. "I would like to eat chicken salad and fries. Miss David, have you decided on what to eat?." Max asked. Sandra looked through what was on the menu and decided to have the same thing as her boss because other things on the menu seemed
Very expensive.

"I will have the same." She said to the waiter while giving him back the menu.

"Okay. Any other thing you will like?"

"That will be it for now." Max said waving the waiter to leave.

"Miss David, have you complied all the document I gave to you last week?"

"Yes sir. I would give you when we go back to New York." Max nodded. Just then the waiter brought their dinner and they both started to dig in. Sandra moaned softly as she ate the food. It was one of the best food she had tasted. When she was younger, she rarely ate good food because her dad was not an expert in cookery. She only ate good food when her granny cooked and when she visited her mom's sister. She really missed her granny. She was a good woman she always took care of her when she was younger, her father loved her very much then but everything changed when her mother died. Her father became cold hearted and rarely showed her love, he always shouted at her whenever she made any single mistake but she always took pity on him because she knew the death of her mother shook him to the core.

"Sandra?? Sandra!! Are you okay?" She heard her boss calling. She was startled, she didn't realize that he was talking to her because she was deep in her thought.

"Yes, I am okay. I am sorry I zoned out sir. Please what were you saying?"

"I was asking you why you stopped eating when you were clearly enjoying it earlier, are you sure everything is okay?"

"Nothing sir." She was happy when he didn't push it further. They both finished eating and left the restaurant to their room.

"Why don't you use the bathroom while I go through the contract again?" Sandra nodded while moving slowly to her bag. She was stressed out today. She picked up her night wear and headed to the bathroom. She turned on the water to the hot tub and filled it with the strawberry bathing liquid soap. She loved the fragrance of the soap. She removed her cloth and stepped into the hot tub. She was so relaxed when she sat down in the hot tub, she took the sponge on the side of the bath tub and started scrubbing her body softly, when she was done she lay down and put her head on the headboard.

She didn't move until the water started getting cold. She rinsed herself with clean water, dried herself with the towel hanged nearby and put on her night wear. She came out of the bathroom and went into the bedroom. She was shocked at what she saw.

************††††††††*********
Hello my lovelies.😀💝💞
So how are you guys doing? How has your new year being going? Hope you are all alright.

I want to thank you guys for your patience. It is not easy for me because I still attend lesson so am very sorry.
Am sorry if there is any grammatical errors.

Please vote and comment, I would like to hear your thoughts please don't be q silent reader.

So happy new year to everyone on wattpad especially my lovely readers. I hope you all accomplish all your dreams this 2018 and all that your heart desires this year.
I hope that you fulfill all the goals that you have not fulfill this past year.
Amen and Amen.