Twenty-Eight

Things with Carl and I have been going great.

We're always together, he's always making me smile. And I'm so so happy with this boy.

The happiest I've ever been.

Things are going great for us, but they're not as great with the saviors.

Shit has been getting worse.

We no longer give them our supplies, it's more of an ongoing war now and things have been crazy.

Carl went into the woods a few nights ago without telling me and came back with some man following behind him.

He told me he'd been feeding the guy for a while, and decided to bring him back because he didn't have a home.

We never really talked about it after that, however, everybody has been giving him shit for it because we don't know who this man is, of where he comes from.

Our trust has been broken ever since the saviors, and i think it always will be.

" oh my god " I jump the second a feel a pair of hands cover my eyes out of nowhere, scaring me.

I hear a familiar giggle behind me and couldn't stop myself from laughing before turning around and facing a glowing Carl.

His face was paler than it usually is, but his smile glowed it always did.

" what are you doing dumbass? " he asks me as I play my arms around his neck and gently away with him, his hands softly placed over my waist.

" nothing. I was waiting for you " I reply before planting a small kiss onto his lips, giggling as he carries me bridal style and takes me up to his room.

We laid down on his bed and he reaches into his drawer, pulling out a Polaroid and examining it as he sits down beside me.

" where'd you get that holy shit!? " I jump, my eyes scanning the Polaroid in his hands as he rolls his eye at me and points it at us.

" from the store " he replies sarcastically and I hit his arm.

" smile princess " he demands and I flash the camera my biggest smile, my arms draped around his neck as we both giggle.

And i knew right then, that that day would always be one of my favorite memories.