Twenty-Seven

We've been coming up with plans for what felt like hours.

We've had countless encounters with the saviors already, leading to the death of people from Alexandria.

Like Sasha.

Sasha and I weren't close but I have talked to her a few times.

And she certainly did not deserve to die the way she did.

A lot has happened. Things are different. People are scared, and we're exhausted.

Constantly looking out for saviors and fighting them whenever we got the chance.

Carl and I have been helping around with planning things, but whenever we got too tired, we'd move away from everyone else and hang out together instead.

Like we are now. My head on his chest as he breathes in and out, pecking my forehead before he sighs and lays back down on his bed.

" do you ever get scared? " he asked me and I furrow my eyebrows together.

" of what baby? "

" the saviors. The shit going on " he elaborates and I sigh.

" I am. But we have each other, you make me feel safe " I admit and I can tell that he smiled without even having to look at him.

We were quiet for a few minutes, and my eyes began to shut on their own, ready to rest for the day.

But Carl's words shift my mood. And I no longer was exhausted.

" I love you "

My eyes flutter open and I slowly sit back up on the bed, resting my back on the bed frame before turning to my left and facing him, my lips slightly parted.

Carl turned to face me too, his face serious as he stares back at me.

" I don't know if you feel the same way but, I love you Luna, so much. You don't have to say it back, I just needed to get it off my chest. I hope that's o- "

" shut up " I silence him before placing my lips over his, slowly kissing him with my hand softly resting over his cheek.

Once we pull back, I look deep into his eyes, heart racing as I gulp.

" I love you too "

Carl stares back at me in awe. His heart beat audible to me as it matches my own.

He places his lips back on mine once more, softly kissing me.

And with that, he laid us both down on his bed as he hovers over me.

It's safe to say it was my first time feeling this loved by somebody, and that it was one of my favorite days.