Twenty-Five

5 MONTHS LATER...

No one has gotten over what happened a few months ago. They were all still in shock and fear as Negan continued to take everything Alexandria had to offer.

Maggie remained at hilltop, she didn't want to come back after losing the life of her life.

Daryl was taken in by the saviors, we couldn't see him and when we did it, it would be when Negan would come down here to take more of our stuff with Daryl walking behind him like a lost puppy. 

Everybody was broken, but they were already planning a war out.

They were stronger than they were before all this.

Carl has been a little different since that day. He's been trying to stand up to Negan everytime he got the chance.

He even went to the sanctuary once with a gun in his hand, threatening everyone in there just so he could confront Negan.

Carl slept on my chest every night, broke down in front of me and sobbed as I listened to him every single time and managed to calm him down.

And my feelings for him grew even more every single day.

"I just want to get rid of them, all of them. You know? " I'm placed back into reality as Carl's voice booms through my thoughts.

It's midnight. And we've been sitting under this big tree we always laid under to stargaze. But now all we do is sit underneath it and vent, which I did not mind.

I loved his voice. It always calmed me down no matter what.

He has no idea how much he makes me happy.

" yeah, me too " I agree.

Carl and everyone else knew about my story with the saviors now. They had all asked me the second we got back from that horrendous day.

So I told them Everything. From how Negan found me when I was a kid and took me in, to when he made the saviors and forced me to watch him burn and kill people in order to make me " stronger ". But all it did was traumatize me.

I managed to run away from my past, and he never, not once, went out to look for me.

" I don't know what I would do without you " Carl suddenly says beside me, his eye no longer on the stars above us, but at me now.

The moonlight shined on his face as the darkness of the night surrounds us, to the point where we looked like nothing but two shadows underneath the moonlight.

I looked back at him, smiling.

" I don't know what I'd do without you either " I admit.

I would be so lost without him.

" Luna? " he suddenly calls and I gulp.

The way my name rolled off his tongue. Oh my god why am I just now realizing that?

" yeah? " I reply.

" why didn't you leave? " he asks and I knit my eyebrows together.

" what? " I chuckle in confusion.

" you always told me you were going to leave. But you never did "

I gulp.

" why? " he asks once more and I sigh.

I don't have anything to hide anymore. He probably knows how I feel already.

" I couldn't leave you behind " I finally get back the courage to look him in the eye.