Twenty-One

A/N

Hey guys! I just wanted to tell you that I'm very very grateful for your feedback and votes. You have no idea how happy they all make me knowing that some people enjoy what I write.

I want to add that there's a lot happening in Alexandria in the story, but since this is a Carl Fanfic, the story will focus more on Luna and Carl rather than everything else that happens because I felt like it would just be more enjoyable that way.

If you guys have anything you'd like to recommend or such, either message me or comment. I'll reply to both :).

Thank you so much. Don't forget to vote and comment please!

-L

••••

Three Days later...

I make my way back towards the gates of Alexandria with my bloody knife glued to my right hand, my left hand wiping the sweat off my forehead as the heat radiating from the sun continues to burn my skin.

I'm starting to get used to being here. I know where almost everything is now, I don't get lost anymore. I also get a few bigger chores to do every now and then.

It feels good. Really really good.

I had forgotten what it's like being around so
many people that it took me a while to finally get used to it once again.

Crazy how the world can change in the blink of an eye.

" hey! Kid! " A familiar raspy voice calls after me once I've gotten through the gates and I roll my eyes, already knowing what I'm being called for.

I turn around and face Daryl who's standing in front of me with his eyebrows furrowed and arms folded over his chest.

" where were you? " he asks.

" out " I look around and shrug, not really knowing what the problem is here.

" for what? " he questions once again and I raise an eyebrow at him.

" I can't go out? "

" it's not safe out there. You can't go out on your own "

Oh hell no.

" I know what I'm doing. Excuse m- " I'm about to leave until he calls my name again.

What the fuck?

" don't go out there on your own again. You need to be more careful than that or else you'll get yourself killed " he says.

My back is given to him until I turn around once again, my anger evident on my features as I shake my head.

" we don't talk much, Daryl. You know absolutely nothing about me, unless either Rick or Michonne had told you anything. I do what I want. I know my way around the woods and I can take care of myself. Thank you, but please, don't ever tell me what to do again. " and with that, I turn around once again and continue walking further away from him.